Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times

Advertisements

Earmarks in the House defense bill

PORKBUSTERS

What happened to cleaning up Congress? We were not well served with the Republicans and we are really getting the shaft by the Democrats. It time to throw all the bums out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 11:29 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Earmarks in the House defense bill

PORKBUSTERS

What happened to cleaning up Congress? We were not well served with the Republicans and we are really getting the shaft by the Democrats. It time to throw all the bums out.
LOL

Did you read the article?

"Rep. C. W. Bill Young (R-Fla.), who chaired the subcommittee last year and previously chaired the full committee, tops the list with 59 projects."

The "R" in "R-Fla" stands for Republican. Yeah, we should throw all the bumbs out.

The bottom line is, Republican voters need to start holding their representatives ACCOUNTABLE when they vote the party line against the Dems. THAT is the real problem with congress right now.

~T

Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 AM

You did notice I stated "throw all the bums out."

Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You did notice I stated "throw all the bums out."
Fair enough.

Party line voting is a universal problem, and NEEDS to be dealt with. Our country is run on crony-ism, and it needs to stop. As for these crooks sliding through earmarks that personally benefit them, jail time.........and not the Scooter Libby kind.

~T

Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 AM

I was always a Democrat up until a few years ago but because of social issues I cannot vote for a Democrat. Possibly an independant will prove to be a possibility.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:41 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
LOL

Did you read the article?

"Rep. C. W. Bill Young (R-Fla.), who chaired the subcommittee last year and previously chaired the full committee, tops the list with 59 projects."

The "R" in "R-Fla" stands for Republican. Yeah, we should throw all the bumbs out.

The bottom line is, Republican voters need to start holding their representatives ACCOUNTABLE when they vote the party line against the Dems. THAT is the real problem with congress right now.

~T

Ah yes, as opposed to the gold-star Democrats....59 of them hey? Congrats to John Murtha, who has only been "held accountable" since being Congress, since oh....let's see here....1974!!! I guess being second again with a measly figure of 46 only means to some that there are only winners and everyone else are just runner-ups. Democrats voting for Democrats are holding their reps accountable? Ear marks must be the last right wing conspiracy I assume. Both parties are quite culpable and chocked full of self-serving politicans.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Ah yes, as opposed to the gold-star Democrats....59 of them hey? Congrats to John Murtha, who has only been "held accountable" since being Congress, since oh....let's see here....1974!!! I guess being second again with a measly figure of 46 only means to some that there are only winners and everyone else are just runner-ups. Democrats voting for Democrats are holding their reps accountable? Ear marks must be the last right wing conspiracy I assume. Both parties are quite culpable and chocked full of self-serving politicans.
You must have missed my subsequent post talking about crony-ism, party line voting, and jail time

I think we all agree that there are issues on both sides of the house. It's getting to the point where the only way things can get done are through executive orders. The problem is, half or more of the country doesn't agree with the orders that have been written as of late.

~T

Old 07-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I was always a Democrat up until a few years ago but because of social issues I cannot vote for a Democrat. Possibly an independant will prove to be a possibility.
The social issues are what keep me leaning left.

I don't like the abortion issue, at all. I think it should be left up to the parent, or person who is with child, pregnant, or whatever term you prefer. I don't think the man should have a say in the matter either.

As for gays, this is a stereotypically promiscuous demographic.(which is not always true) Why are we fighting something that promotes monogamy, and a stable lifestyle? If anything, gay marriage is MORE in line with religious beliefs.

Here's a line right out of the play-book....

"God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."

Most gays DON'T want to be that way, but weren't given a choice. They were born with it. This is why the suicide rate is so high amongst that group.

~T

Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 PM

793 posts, read 3,121,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
You must have missed my subsequent post talking about crony-ism, party line voting, and jail time

I think we all agree that there are issues on both sides of the house. It's getting to the point where the only way things can get done are through executive orders. The problem is, half or more of the country doesn't agree with the orders that have been written as of late.

~T

Perfectly fair statement. Sorry, it wasn't quite posted yet when I responded to your original one.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
The Congress is inept and so is the president. Although after the next election we may see a bit more action out of Congress. Currently the democrats really don't have a large enough majority to force legislation through.

I have to admit though, looking at the field that's running for Congress and the Presidency, there is really no one worth voting for. I'm afraid we will be seeing just more of the same in the next Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies