U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2009, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 12,274,476 times
Reputation: 1396

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
You honestly think today we have a Government of the people, by the people, for the people as it was intended ? Alrighty then... Ain't had one of those in more than a century.
People mistake country of the political hacks, by the Federal Reserve, for the banksters for what Jefferson, Paine, and even Lincoln intended.

Lincoln also massively inflated the money supply, helping to create bubbles in the railroad sector (as the funny money had to go somewhere), eventually causing the massive monetary contraction that led to the depression of 1873
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2009, 11:59 AM
 
271 posts, read 161,346 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
He's an interesting guy. He needs a protege, the media has little tolerance for him.

I was about to say yeah Rand Paul is running for office.That is his protege.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
 
19,213 posts, read 14,264,388 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Lincoln was a outspoken racist, allowed Sherman to scorch Georgia, and most importantly was not a founding father. Do the exact opposite of what he recommended, and a nation will prosper.
Except for the money part, possibily?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
 
271 posts, read 161,346 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
You honestly think today we have a Government of the people, by the people, for the people as it was intended ? Alrighty then... Ain't had one of those in more than a century.

Yup you are correct. Ain't had that since Lincoln turned this into a Federal Nation when it was intended to be a Democratic Republic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
 
12,436 posts, read 11,190,446 times
Reputation: 3154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
People mistake country of the political hacks, by the Federal Reserve, for the banksters for what Jefferson, Paine, and even Lincoln intended.

Lincoln also massively inflated the money supply, helping to create bubbles in the railroad sector (as the funny money had to go somewhere), eventually causing the massive monetary contraction that led to the depression of 1873
I don't think you are right on this one. I believe the depression was from Lincoln getting rid of the fed reserve. I am going to have to do some research on this one. So don't hold me to it. I am a southerner and no great fan of Lincoln, but I do admire him for a lot of things including his fight with the fed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:04 PM
 
19,213 posts, read 14,264,388 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
People mistake country of the political hacks, by the Federal Reserve, for the banksters for what Jefferson, Paine, and even Lincoln intended.

Lincoln also massively inflated the money supply, helping to create bubbles in the railroad sector (as the funny money had to go somewhere), eventually causing the massive monetary contraction that led to the depression of 1873
He shoulda strapped the non-interest greenbacks to gold or silver or both.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 12,274,476 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't think you are right on this one. I believe the depression was from Lincoln getting rid of the fed reserve. I am going to have to do some research on this one. So don't hold me to it. I am a southerner and no great fan of Lincoln, but I do admire him for a lot of things including his fight with the fed.
You'll never actually find a definitive causal analysis. All I can state is the overlap between inflating the currency essentially unbounded, the money going into speculative dealings, and eventually imploding, leading to a depression. Sounds familiar, don't it?

I cannot believe you'd say we had a Federal Reserve, much less actually believe the absence of one is the cause of the 1873 depression. We had the largest depression the country has ever seen during the Federal Reserve's reign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal..._United_States
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:38 PM
 
12,869 posts, read 14,027,126 times
Reputation: 4453
here is an interesting simple to follow site with some history on the federal reserve. note that we had no income tax before the federal reserve. note also that according to Congressional record the U.S. Government can buy back the FED at any time for $450 million.†That's about half the amount of money we pay them daily.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/BIGGESTSCAMINHISTORY.HTML (broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 12,274,476 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is an interesting simple to follow site with some history on the federal reserve. note that we had no income tax before the federal reserve. note also that according to Congressional record the U.S. Government can buy back the FED at any time for $450 million.†That's about half the amount of money we pay them daily.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/BIGGESTSCAMINHISTORY.HTML (broken link)
Usually, establishment retards use strawman arguments like "you wanna go back to buggy/whip industry, bartering seal blubber for chicken feed" to deflect arguments against an income tax and sound money, even though money existed and industrial output/productive capacity exploded during the 19th century.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 12:44 PM
 
12,436 posts, read 11,190,446 times
Reputation: 3154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
You'll never actually find a definitive causal analysis. All I can state is the overlap between inflating the currency essentially unbounded, the money going into speculative dealings, and eventually imploding, leading to a depression. Sounds familiar, don't it?

I cannot believe you'd say we had a Federal Reserve, much less actually believe the absence of one is the cause of the 1873 depression. We had the largest depression the country has ever seen during the Federal Reserve's reign.

Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You misunderstand me. Talking about the Fed would take a terribly long time to go into. I believe the Fed, which so many people mistakenly believe is a government entity, is the single greatest reason for our national debt and our current recession. You will find no fan of the fed here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top