Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:53 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,395,429 times

Advertisements

RECIFE, Brazil – Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is believed to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday.

Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it.

2 bodies, ticket found near Air France crash site - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/brazil_plane - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 01:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,536,700 times
This is very very sad.

I hope family and friends of the passengers find peace.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:52 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,949,870 times
It is very sad - hopefully the recovery of the black boxes will occur so that the clues will lead investigators to the causal factors of the crash. Obtaining the black boxes is of critical importance or we may never know what happened to this flight.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:02 PM

5,767 posts, read 4,995,255 times
Another tragedy, and difficult for families and loved ones of the deceased to
find closure. My heart goes out to those left behind; those who are gone are
at peace.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:05 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,079,610 times
Monday my oldest daughter flies to Alaska. Tuesday my youngest daughter and her husband fly to China. I wish they would just stay on the ground and not fly all the time. This scares me so much.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:07 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,797,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
It is very sad - hopefully the recovery of the black boxes will occur so that the clues will lead investigators to the causal factors of the crash. Obtaining the black boxes is of critical importance or we may never know what happened to this flight.
I was listening to the radio yesterday and one of the so-called experts said that part of the ocean is one of the deepest areas; somewhere around 36,000 feet. The pressure at that depth would make it next to impossible to recover the black box, if it hasn't imploded already from the intense pressure.

My prayers go out to the families of the victims.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,903,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Monday my oldest daughter flies to Alaska. Tuesday my youngest daughter and her husband fly to China. I wish they would just stay on the ground and not fly all the time. This scares me so much.
They are safer in the plane than they are driving to the airport. I know that is a cliche but that's why it is a cliche.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Don't worry about it - statistically flying is still the safest method of travel. If you take a look at the airspace of countries around the world - you will see on a daily basis the sheer number of flights that occur safely everytime... I understand your worry - but they really do have more of a chance being killed on the drive to the airport than on that plane to Alaska or that plane to China....It is part of life Don't worry about it....

Old 06-06-2009, 04:10 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
Quote:
My daughter flew to Europe yesterday. Suffice it to say, I was scared, but I know that what ovacatto said is true. She arrived safely.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I was listening to the radio yesterday and one of the so-called experts said that part of the ocean is one of the deepest areas; somewhere around 36,000 feet. The pressure at that depth would make it next to impossible to recover the black box.

My prayers go out to the families of the victims.
I have no doubt about what the so-called expert stated -but we shouldn't lose hope until the search is officially called off... Though i admit the chances are dire... if the boxes aren't recovered the hope of finding the causal factors will decrease considerably. I will say however, this is the second catastrophic crash of an Air France fin in 4 years where bad weather is involved. Both Airbuses were ultra modern aircraft with state of the art radar-systems onboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies