Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider George Tiller to be a hero?
Yes 20 28.99%
No 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,200,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
to quote a figure does not tell us what profit the doctor made if any?
I keep reading that $5000 figure. WHERE did that number come from, I'm wondering? Where did these people get that number?

I mean, did Dr. Tiller release his business records for everyone to see the price which was charged for each and every procedure? Is there some kind of verification that the charge for EVERY procedure was $5000, or that $5000 was charged for any ONE procedure? I'm just asking these folks who keep spitting out that $5000 number WHERE they got it? Was (or has) Dr. Tiller's business records been released to the public?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:14 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,413,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If he violated his oath it was the province of the AMA and his state licensing board to bring charges and revoke his license if he was found guilty of same. This never happened. He was not a hero, just a doctor caring for his patients in accordance with their wishes and his abilities and training.

What did happen was that he was performing his job and the law supported him. The legal definition of abortion does not equate the act with murder.

The same cannot be said of his assassin, who is guilty of unprovoked premeditated murder.

Regardless of your opinon of abortion, it is the law of the land that is the final arbitor.
The AMA of Kansas was studying about revoking his license at the time of his murder. He used a woman doctor who was almost a quack for his second opinions. She had her office in his clinic but she was not suppose to be financially associated with him. Yeah right.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:15 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,193,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do you even realize what the Oath entails?

If you did, you would have to admit he has, er did (no chance of violating it further now), violate his Oath many, many times.
Please stop this. It's disrespectful and it's at least the second time you've tried to be so cute about his death.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I keep reading that $5000 figure. WHERE did that number come from, I'm wondering? Where did these people get that number?

I mean, did Dr. Tiller release his business records for everyone to see the price which was charged for each and every procedure? Is there some kind of verification that the charge for EVERY procedure was $5000, or that $5000 was charged for any ONE procedure? I'm just asking these folks who keep spitting out that $5000 number WHERE they got it? Was (or has) Dr. Tiller's business records been released to the public?
It may have come out in the trial they had on him. He was being investigated to see if the second opinions he got was from an independent doctor not associated with is clinic and could get a kick back.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
The man who killed Dr. Tiller is a coward that should be put to death. That being said, Dr. Tiller was no hero.
Two wrongs don't make a "right." As much as I find people totally repulsive who kill medical doctors because of their BELIEFS.......or because they think "god" told them to do so....I'm still opposed to the death penalty and believe that LIFE without the possibility of parole EVER is an appropriate sentence. As another infamous killer of a doctor who performed abortions LEGALLY found out, LIFE IN PRISON IS NOT FUN. Paul Hill found that life in prison was so terrible that he waived his appeals after about 7 years and CHOSE to be executed. That should tell you something about which punishment makes more sense. LIFE is a long time to think about what you've done. And LIFE in prison is NOT, NOT, NOT a picnic.

The thing I don't understand about a lot of "Christians" is that they seem to want to do their god's job for him/her all the time.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The AMA of Kansas was studying about revoking his license at the time of his murder. He used a woman doctor who was almost a quack for his second opinions. She had her office in his clinic but she was not suppose to be financially associated with him. Yeah right.
"Almost a quack"?...........what does that mean? What information do you have about this "almost quack" doctor? Do you have a name? Do you have any ethical or criminal complaints filed against the nameless doctor you're talking about?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Tiller made 1,000,000 a year so he made out really well. I know he lived in a Mansion and has vacation homes. When you are in the same city you see things others may not know about.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
"Almost a quack"?...........what does that mean? What information do you have about this "almost quack" doctor? Do you have a name? Do you have any ethical or criminal complaints filed against the nameless doctor you're talking about?
Look up the transcripts of the trial. The doctor was hard up for money and had money problems. She did abortions but stopped and I believe had drug problems. You will need to researcher the trial.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
It may have come out in the trial they had on him. He was being investigated to see if the second opinions he got was from an independent doctor not associated with is clinic and could get a kick back.
That's what I'm curious about.......they may have gotten the number from a trial, however, if they did, that trial transcript is public record and I'm wondering why these people can't give a source for the $5000 figure. So many posts in this thread keep referring to how wealthy Dr. Tiller "must have been" because he charged $5000 per procedure.....so I'm wondering why no one can tell me exactly where they got that number of $5000.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:28 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,905,865 times
Quote:
Look up the transcripts of the trial. The doctor was hard up for money and had money problems. She did abortions but stopped and I believe had drug problems. You will need to researcher the trial.
I have looked for transcripts of the trail and am unable to find them if you have a link so that the rest of us might read it would be great and informative. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.