Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What's your definition of "pro-life"? I know people who say they're pro-life but want abortion to remain legal.
Same here.

In any case, I think we should all know better by now that we shouldn't generalize one group of people.
All Christians don't hate gays, all gays are not flamboyant, all christians are not "pro-life", all atheists are not for marriage equality for gays and lesbians/"same-sex marriage" as its commonly called...the list goes on.

New topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 07:02 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The only reason I was ever concerned about gay marriage was the fact that it would promote them having kids, which I had concerns with.

I've been thinking through that more and have reconsidered my stance. Honestly, at this point, I say let them marry and let them adopt kids.
:shoc ked:

It is nice to know all my work didn't go to waste.
I may not be able to change everyone's mind but it doesn't hurt to state the facts and hope people will begin to see the light.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh? Plenty? What's your evidence of this?
My husband and I are pro life and we arent religious. My best friend has never been to a church in her life and pro life.

There is many that are pro life and not religious

Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do people think that all pro-lifer's are hardcore religious people???

Something has to explain the idiocy and the hatred for women.

Hatred for women?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Hatred for women?
The pro-choicers say we all hate women. Haven't you heard that before? It's a tactic used to divert attention from the fact that abortion is a violent act.

Funny....49% of American women are pro-life. Only 43% are pro-choice. The rest are undecided.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Hatred for women?
Anyone who does not support the right for a woman to control her own body and have the right to choose an abortion believes the fetus is more important than the woman. While I, personally, don't automatically label those people as hating women, they certainly have limited respect for women and don't feel women should have the same rights as men. "Hate" may be strong in a lot of cases -- disreagard for women, lack of respect for women, dislike of women.....they work too.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
"Why do people think that all pro-lifer's are hardcore religious people???"

Not all pro-lifers are hardcore religious people. But all hardcore religious people are pro-lifers.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:17 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Anyone who does not support the right for a woman to control her own body and have the right to choose an abortion believes the fetus is more important than the woman. While I, personally, don't automatically label those people as hating women, they certainly have limited respect for women and don't feel women should have the same rights as men. "Hate" may be strong in a lot of cases -- disreagard for women, lack of respect for women, dislike of women.....they work too.
Waht disgusts me the most is that people (mostly liberals) think its ok for a woman to be sexually irresponsible, to go around with her legs spread open, and then claim she doesnt have time for a child and therefor must get an abortion. Hey Honey, if you dont want kids, keep your F'in legs closed

Old 06-07-2009, 09:21 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Waht disgusts me the most is that people (mostly liberals) think its ok for a woman to be sexually irresponsible, to go around with her legs spread open, and then claim she doesnt have time for a child and therefor must get an abortion. Hey Honey, if you dont want kids, keep your F'in legs closed
What disgusts me is people like you who think all women who have abortions are single, promiscuous and don't use birth control. And who think that if you don't want children you shouldn't have sex. And nothing anyone can tell you will convince you otherwise because it's all a part of the disrespect you people have for women in general. In your mind, no "good" woman would ever seek an abortion. You couldn't be more wrong.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:23 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
"Why do people think that all pro-lifer's are hardcore religious people???"

Not all pro-lifers are hardcore religious people. But all hardcore religious people are pro-lifers.
Just as not all conservatives are stupid, but all stupid people are conservative.

Does anyone know if medical abortions are allowed in Muslim countries, and if not allowed, what the punishment is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies