Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:00 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Can you name any government that ever existed that didn't use force to protect and perpetuate its own interests?

What sort of government do you think can succeed without force either applied or implied? How will you collect taxes to discharge the debts of the New State Government? Is everyone going to be so happy with the new regime that they will voluntarily send a few ounces of gold bouillon to HQ every year?

Or will the New State Government abdicate in favor of total anarchy?
Forcing an unwanted government on people by force is absolute tyranny, and something this country fought against in our Revolution. The Declaration of Independence sums up my opinions on the subject. A government without consent from the governed is illegitimate and it has legitimate right to use force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 06:02 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
hothulamaui are you in Hawaii? My wife just got home from Maui yesterday..She liked it so much she didn't want to come home..

Old 06-07-2009, 06:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
It wouldn't so much dissolving the Union, as it would be dissolving DC.

It would take a United Union of States to do this.

Year after year, DC gets farther and farther away from our Union of States. Acting out on it's own without a thought to what the States or the American people think.

It ought not be this way. The States should be the one making politics in Washington, not the other way around.
So Change it, use your vote, help those that stand for the ideals you believe to get elected, stay informed of the issues and the facts, vote against those that would harm our nation as you see it, be vocal, if interested run for office, don't let others do your thinking for you without question, stand by the Constitution and the ideals this Nation stands for and, last but not least, NEVER lose trust in your Fellow Americans. This Nation will be fine, I know that, the People will stand up and wipe the dust off and go forward once again. Think of those around you, your family and friends, I would assume you trust most of them to do the right thing most of the time, think of a nation of just such People and you will know that we are in safe hands, we are in OUR hands. The future is ours to chose, let's chose wisely.
Casper

Old 06-07-2009, 06:17 PM

I just want to mint my own coins and go buy a new car...

Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So Change it, use your vote, help those that stand for the ideals you believe to get elected, stay informed of the issues and the facts, vote against those that would harm our nation as you see it, be vocal, if interested run for office, don't let others do your thinking for you without question, stand by the Constitution and the ideals this Nation stands for and, last but not least, NEVER lose trust in your Fellow Americans. This Nation will be fine, I know that, the People will stand up and wipe the dust off and go forward once again. Think of those around you, your family and friends, I would assume you trust most of them to do the right thing most of the time, think of a nation of just such People and you will know that we are in safe hands, we are in OUR hands. The future is ours to chose, let's chose wisely.
Casper
The people are speaking out, and the State Legislature in nearly all of our United States are responding as a result.

The trouble here is that no one in Washington wants to hear what you and I have to say. Sure, our State Houses hear us, but this is where it stops.

The States are just now beginning to take the power that was rightfully theirs in the first place, back from the Fed.

States like Montana, Idaho, and Texas are leading the way, and as time goes on, more and more States are answering the call, in an effort to becoming the nation we used to be.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I've read it. It was an illegal take over (including overthrowing and treating the monarch like a criminal) orchestrated by American capitalists out of greed.

The Alaska statehood vote was in violation of a treaty the U.S. signed concerning territories, which said the people of the territory should have had an option for independence. Multiple violations in fact as U.S. soldiers voted in it in violation of international law and had a significant role in turning the vote towards statehood. And of course the claim to the land was more than suspect as the Natives held true title to the land...
sorry I read your post wrong and thought it said legal take over of hawaii. thanks for the info on alaska I thought it would sound something like that

Old 06-07-2009, 06:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I just want to mint my own coins and go buy a new car...

Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
hothulamaui are you in Hawaii? My wife just got home from Maui yesterday..She liked it so much she didn't want to come home..
yes I am. yesterday was a beautiful day! it is hard to leave here for sure, the islands are special

Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes I am. yesterday was a beautiful day! it is hard to leave here for sure, the islands are special
She loved it...I need to down load the pictures from her camera and have a look at them..

Here's one she took last Wed or Thurs with her cell phone and sent back while she was still there..

That date is the time when I uploaded it on CD... I didn't know it did that...
Attached Thumbnails
States Need To Begin Minting Their Own Coins-unnamed.jpg  

Old 06-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
She loved it...I need to down load the pictures from her camera and have a look at them..

Here's one she took last Wed or Thurs with her cell phone and sent back while she was still there..
yeah it doesn't suck! that water is about 80 degrees. yummy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies