Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui
this thread isn't about anything other than this fallen hero. you bring in the dr. tiller and you thoughts on that should have no bearing at all. so are you saying we, this forum would not be "revisiting" this unless it wasn't for the threads questioning the heroics of a dead doctor and his murderer?

The responses on this thread from liberal posters seem to be implying that there is no need for this thread, as it is already been covered in the media. We have the right to revisit any fallen hero that we wish, but it seems to perturb some of the more liberal members on this forum.

I did not get that feeling AT ALL, until someone said politics! like I said there isn't an american that does not apperciate the face and the sacrifice this or any other military makes for us. the "liberals" who would object don't have to post. the only question and it is a legit one, is why the post dated obit? why twist the facts....in doing so it degrades the sacrifice. if you can't see that as manipulation I don't know what to say. besides, it isn't the "fact" it is the presentation that makes it suspect.

BTW, why should my thoughts on "that" (meaning "dr." tiller) have no bearing at all?

as a mod you would know more than the rest of us that would be considered "off topic" and the post directed to the appropriate thread! your views on the subject are as valid as anyones.

As for the last part of your question, you've a double-negative in your paragraph so it's kind of hard to understand what you mean, in addition to the difficult to understand. Please see the following statement (from you).

"
this forum would not be "revisiting" this unless it wasn't for the threads questioning the heroics of a dead doctor and his murderer?"

ahhhh....I am woman, sometimes I talk with more words when only a few will do...I was asking...was the thread honoring our fallen hero predicated by the threads on dr. tiller?

no one who is an american would think that are military that have died for are country are anything but hero's. I do not have to have my emotional strings pulled by a marionette to tell me.

Nobody is trying to pull your "emotional" strings. If you choose to be a marionette, so be it.

I would argue that done in this way they are, it is done on the back of my military's dead and I find it distateful at best, and certainly disrespectful. again if that was a picture of my son, dead 2 plus years and I came on his picture, posted in some random forum, bu some random poster I would be hurt and pissed.

you wanna see our hero's remembered? you have a star by your name lets have a sub folder where we can post pictures of our hero's. sounds like a great idea

I would love nothing more. But I cannot create another sticky thread; only two are allowed per forum and there are already two sticky threads on this one.

perhaps you can ask the powers at be for this sub folder, so that we can have threads like this one and our hero's remembered without politics or shameful manipulation for someones "agenda' be it right or left.
here is a great place to start. Faces of the Fallen: Iraq and Afghanistan Casualties | washingtonpost.com
there are 4,962
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

You won't see this in MSM.
The MSM logically would include whatever channel happens to be the #1 most-watched, right?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Petty Officer Mike Monsoor was killed in action September 29, 2006. His funeral was held October 12, 2006. His heroism was covered by the media at the time.

Just another thread started to fan the flames of conflict.
What, would ProudCapMarie (never a captain) start a thread to inflame?
Oh the humanity.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So does my local newspaper. So do the local TV stations. So does the show "This Week." I haven't watched "The News Hour" for some time, but it used to publish the names as well.

Last edited by nvxplorer; 06-08-2009 at 01:33 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see every day...
The medal of honor ceremony *was* front page news, back in 2006 when it happened. Even Faux wasnt at his graveside ceremony. Had Faux, or MSNBC who reported about a dozen pieces, several quite touching, on the M of H ceremony, been at the graveside they both certainly would have done a "color piece'" that included the dramatic slapping caps.

But to know that you'd have to spend about three minutes' research.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Well, we are REVISITING this fallen hero.

If you find this offensive I suggest you look away.

All those who wish can visit the thread for the martyr that killed thousands of babies just prior to birth by strangling them, crushing their skulls, cutting off their heads and other body parts.

If you don't like the thread honoring this hero, you don't have to bother yourself with the details.

Unless of course if you find that he murdered babies in the womb. Then, I suppose you might not mind so much.
Be careful, I think the CD mods might ask you to try to stay on topic.

The OP posted the story that touched his heart, but the only line bolded was "This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see every day...". That's fine but it begs the question, what particular crap are you talking about? It's all crap! Since he published it in the politics forum and he's a right winger, it's easy to extrapolate he meant "liberal MSM" stuff.

So you could be led to think he was using this truly profound and touching story as a cheap means of smacking some "libs" around.

There was a variety of responses but mostly people responded to that bolded provocation.

But you ignored that possibility and kept on about liberals refusing to honor a fallen hero -- then suddenly lashed out about the AB doctor.

Is that really Synopsis posting?

Last edited by delusianne; 06-08-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 06-10-2009, 11:28 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
thanks for sharing this
You are very welcome.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:32 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What, would ProudCapMarie (never a captain) start a thread to inflame?
Oh the humanity.
Only arses would be inflamed about a thread about an American hero.

chielgirl: If you are inflamed that is proof enough.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Only arses would be inflamed about a thread about an American hero.

chielgirl: If you are inflamed that is proof enough.
Why did you start this thread? Why did you state, 'This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see every day...'

This young man died 9/2006 and was buried 10/2006. This was front page news at the time. You don't honestly believe this should still be 'front page news', do you?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
it's one thing to honor a hero. give the all the info about him not manipulate the details to suit your own agenda. in this case discretion is not the better part of valor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies