Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:45 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Obama pays his taxes. Is there any question about that?

What "date" are we talking about this week? He went to France for the 65th anniversary of D-Day. There was a thread, now closed, about the "date" to NY which discussed your concerns about security, etc in depth for both Bush and Obama's travels. This is not a thread to re-discuss what gift Obamb gave the PM of Britain, who has everything anyway.
You really missed the whole point, didn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 02:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
I guess so. What is it?

Old 06-07-2009, 03:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
I don't have a problem with family trips for the prez. Date nite? He has all of DC so anything out of there, pay for out of his own pocket. That's what I have to do, except me and my husband don't get date nite....we are too busy taking care of our family on two incomes, and times are getting rough. Obama acts like a person who never had any money and he just hit the friggin jackpot. Only it's not HIS money. It's ours! Sacrifice your date nite and do your job......that's what the rest of us have to do. I mean that for every politician, of every party. And if you can't sacrifice, then shut up and quit telling us what to do.
Are you serious? Jealous of the President? I'm sorry that you can't have a date night...I did last weekend. Was that too much? Another poster pretty much answered this question, The First Family is not an average family. When they travel, they can't hop on Delta or Amtrak but they ARE allowed to travel. Why is NYC any different from Crawford, Texas? It sure is a lot closer to D.C. and I had no problem with Bush traveling or how he traveled. He was the President and traveling with an "entourage" comes with the territory. This Obama obsession that wingnuts have is bordering on psychotic.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:07 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
There was no point.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:50 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
....all at a moment that hundreds of thousands are losing their job....

How apropos this occurred in Paris - "Let them eat cake"!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:59 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
How ironic that HE can do what he pleases with his money, but everyone else must "spread their wealth around", especially if they earn "too much".

Besides, is his salary paying for the additional security, secret service protection, and logistics associated with these dates that he is so found of? No, the taxpayers are stuck with the bill for that.

When GW Bush went on vacation to his HOME in Crawford, Texas, there was widespread condemnation that he is not doing his job, wasting taxpayer money, etc., even though anyone with half a brain should know that any president is perfectly capable of doing the same work in those situations as they would be able to do at the White House. Soetoro on the other hand spends hundreds of thousands of dollars a piece on photo ops, dates, dinner, etc., and this is just written off as "perks of the job". Meanwhile he wants to implement taxes on us regular people for benefits like health insurance, and put a cap on what private sector executives can earn for themselves. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Here's another question, if President Soetoro is able to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on those kinds of things, then why couldn't he reach into his pocket and get the Prime Minister of Britain something a little nicer than a couple of DVDs worth 15 bucks each and available at any Walmart? This charlatan is more interested in enjoying the "perks" of his position than actually earning them.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:07 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem with family trips for the prez. Date nite? He has all of DC so anything out of there, pay for out of his own pocket. That's what I have to do, except me and my husband don't get date nite....we are too busy taking care of our family on two incomes, and times are getting rough. Obama acts like a person who never had any money and he just hit the friggin jackpot. Only it's not HIS money. It's ours! Sacrifice your date nite and do your job......that's what the rest of us have to do. I mean that for every politician, of every party. And if you can't sacrifice, then shut up and quit telling us what to do.
So agree!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Sacrifice your date nite and do your job......that's what the rest of us have to do. I mean that for every politician, of every party. And if you can't sacrifice, then shut up and quit telling us what to do.
Let me ask you this: Do you work your jobs 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week, 52 weeks a year - with no vacation time - no time off?

The above is a description of the job the POTUS has - regardless of who is in office.

Please, I ask you to keep this in mind.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
When GW Bush went on vacation to his HOME in Crawford, Texas, there was widespread condemnation that he is not doing his job, wasting taxpayer money, etc., even though anyone with half a brain should know that any president is perfectly capable of doing the same work in those situations as they would be able to do at the White House.
Bush took 1/3 of his term in office on holiday.
He took his family to London, including adult children; he took his family to the Olympics. Gawker - Bush Looking Drunk At The Olympics - Olympics
Complain much then?

Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Are you serious? Jealous of the President? I'm sorry that you can't have a date night...I did last weekend. Was that too much? Another poster pretty much answered this question, The First Family is not an average family. When they travel, they can't hop on Delta or Amtrak but they ARE allowed to travel. Why is NYC any different from Crawford, Texas? It sure is a lot closer to D.C. and I had no problem with Bush traveling or how he traveled. He was the President and traveling with an "entourage" comes with the territory. This Obama obsession that wingnuts have is bordering on psychotic.
um, what? are you now admitting what the rest of us already know? obama is exactly like bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies