Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:30 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times

Advertisements

Well so far he hasn't started any unnecessary geo-political wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 07:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
But he continues to support both taht he said he would get out of6 Months and he has left a increqasing successful iraq war satrt to go worse and he has expanded the most difficult i afganistan. Other than that he has spent the second half of TARP same as Bush did withoutt eh polanned houisng crisi being addressed. Stil not eve a plan witht eh money spent. He has set alot of goal but nothign else. He has paln a buget wish like all presidents is a wish list.He has spent 758 billion on a stimulus that has little stimulus bot rewrds for specail interest grops with litle for real jobs investment. Green jobs in any real qaunilyt are decades offf because they can't tuen a profit on their own.He ask asked the saudi to promise not to stop drilling while being against drillingher;so we will be buying saudi oil and keep donating cash tot ehm inwhellbarrow loads.He has no plan but a gaol for nationa;l heathcare but no money to fund it unless he raises taxes and fees which will filter down.He has spent over 100 billion in rescuihng the big three to payback the Unions for support as seen by teh chrysler deal and in the deal losss all faith i a priavte/governamnt partnership for the toxci assets . It was already in trouble from the chnging of the terms of the bank loans after the fact.Basically no priavte meny will want to get mixed in with government unless the deal is so sweet and guaranteed. basically he gavce nothing to the middle calss in the stimulus other than a cut in payroll that many will have to payback at the end of years;fi they haven't spent it all.Heck of a mess is what I see.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:51 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,684 times
Quote:
what has obama accomplished since he's been in office?
What hasn't he accomplished? The man's a dynamo.

Go, Barry!!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
These are the 2 main ones that come to mind for me.

Obama admin takes first leap into roadless brawl - NYTimes.com

Obama Overturns 'Mexico City Policy' Implemented by Reagan - ABC News

I forgot this http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog_post/AWonderfulDay/

And this http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124186580127503661.html
Oh, & I agree w/trying for diplomacy...how naive of me.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:34 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
then it comes down to opinion and I won't ever be able to add anything that would change your mind. like I said I think the question was bogus if everything he signed you disagree with. many had bi party support. It is going to be a LONG term for you
not really. the president really has no power over my life. the crappy governor of my state is more of a concern.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Although I think Obama is too far to the left, just the fact that he is not George Bush is a great accomplishment. Bush was a dumbass, Obama is not a dumbass. Also, I do not feel embarassed telling people who our president is. We have made little progress so far but it is indeed significant!

haha. I sure as hell do!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
not really. the president really has no power over my life. the crappy governor of my state is more of a concern.

then why the thread?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
then why the thread?

I am just curious to see how much his supporters are liking him. I don't have a problem with those who like him. I liked obama better than mccain myself. but that isn't saying much.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
some of his most absurd decisions.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:14 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
some of his most absurd decisions.
Right. And this is why I won't take you seriously. You start a thread that from the onset is innocent enough, and then you reply negatively to other posters opinions. Yeah, maybe you can either A. not start threads that ask for other posters opinions but then make fun of them when they reply or B. just refrain from starting threads unless you want specific posters to answer. Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies