Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:07 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,469,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Obama is going to sweet talk us right into another terrorist attack.He is a fool to think he can appease our enemiesThey have hundreds of years of hate built up.Bin Ladin has already came out with a video,it is not flying with our enemies.These people behead kids that are christians for god's sake.
Once again, Muslims are NOT our enemies, extremists are. Your warped belief is why Holder made the statement he made.

Bin Laden released a tape because he fears Obama will marginalize his radical recruitment efforts. He's been so quiet because the Bush Administration was doing a great job recruiting radicals on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am constantly amazed by how the neo cons see everything as a zero sum gain situation. How in the world is it that you think that one group of citizens having their civil rights protected takes away anything from another group of citizens civil rights? Do you not understand that unless the civil rights of all are protected the civil rights of none are safe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
And I'm constantly amused at your usage of the term "neo con." Not everyone who disagrees with you, is a neocon. Don't tell me about civil rights, okay?
Ok..lets answer the questions/comments posed.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
I'd LOVE to return to the 60's....when corporate execs made 35 to 40% more than the average worker....now it's 400 to 500%.....Back to the Sixties! YES!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
We are returning to the days of governamnt watching citizens as enemies of the administrtion agaiun;but his time it includes the military veterans and peaceful tea baggers.In toiher words the muiddle class working class is dangerous because they don't agree.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'd LOVE to return to the 60's....when corporate execs made 35 to 40% more than the average worker....now it's 400 to 500%.....Back to the Sixties! YES!
I agree with the exec. pay thing but the 60s?? Not for me, I like riding in the front of the bus, eating wherever I want and voting.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I agree with the exec. pay thing but the 60s?? Not for me, I like riding in the front of the bus, eating wherever I want and voting.
I agree, I was teenager in the 60's so pretty naive ....but there were other good things.... like the protests, the upheaval, the shaking up, the "troublemakers", ...the fact that TV brought pictures of police using fire hoses and dogs on black children ( those scenes and the exposure of what some Americans went through at the hands of other Americans because of their skin color had a profound effect on me and many others)...it was a bad time and a great time...

Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,758,906 times
Quote:
Ok..lets answer the questions/comments posed.
I did answer the question/comment posed. Can't you read beyond your nose? Dude?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am constantly amazed by how the neo cons see everything as a zero sum gain situation. How in the world is it that you think that one group of citizens having their civil rights protected takes away anything from another group of citizens civil rights? Do you not understand that unless the civil rights of all are protected the civil rights of none are safe?
Quote:
And I'm constantly amused at your usage of the term "neo con." Not everyone who disagrees with you, is a neocon. Don't tell me about civil rights, okay?
Quote:
LOL..Where??LOL..The bolded doesn't answer anything, it's a distraction.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,758,906 times
Quote:
LOL..Where??LOL..The bolded doesn't answer anything, it's a distraction.
I didn't bold anything. But I think you just did. Dude.

I'm not going to flail around with you and your semantics. I answered the question, end of discussion. All you got to do is "read". Can you handle that? Dude?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
And I just love how lefties do the same thing, dude. It's not so much as to how the Civil Rights laws are affecting me, I'm glad we got 'em, but more by the vernacular posed by the AG. Oh, and the "actual fact" was included in the article. I guess you overlooked that, huh? Typical.
Quote:
Frankly, I don't really give a damn what you give credit to. Take it, leave it, I don't care.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't bold anything. But I think you just did. Dude.

I'm not going to flail around with you and your semantics. I answered the question, end of discussion. All you got to do is "read". Can you handle that? Dude?
LOL..Dude..uh..these are all your posts less the OP..Not an answer in the bunch let alone an answer to the question I pointed out. LOL..If you can't answer the questions, say so, but pretending like you did is disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies