Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:47 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,052 times

Advertisements

and the polarizing days of civil right marches, sit-ins, forced bussing, forced integration, riots in the streets, shootings, all sorts of mayhem. Only this time, the AG has interpreted POTUS' statement to defend ALL the Muslims against everything the black folks went through. Well, Iwish him luck.

Quote:
Law Enforcement Returns to America
What an amazing statement. You mean to tell me law enforcement left America? Really? Damn, I'd'a never known.

Quote:
In a statement released on Thursday, Attorney General Eric Holder explained what President Obama's Cairo speech means for Americans here at home:

The President's pledge for a new beginning between the United States and the Muslim community takes root here in the Justice Department where we are committed to using criminal and civil rights laws to protect Muslim Americans. A top priority of this Justice Department is a return to robust civil rights enforcement and outreach in defending religious freedoms and other fundamental rights of all of our fellow citizens in the workplace, in the housing market, in our schools and in the voting booth.
You'll have to read the rest for your own self.

The takeover of everyone else's civil rights is coming, folks. It's all about control, and the small steps are adding up, swiftly. BOHICA!

Power Line - Law Enforcement Returns to America (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/06/023744.php - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
How were Muslims civil rights being violated previously that they now warrant special consideration?
Vets and big government protesters on the other hand get put on a Homeland Security "watch list"

"Divide by fear"?
Seems like that's exactly what Holder is doing with this ominous sounding release.

Last edited by allydriver; 06-07-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Old 06-07-2009, 06:21 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
I love how the wingers on City Data use blogs as gospel evidence to start threads. Give us a news source otherwise this is poo hucky with no actual facts besides one person's opinion.

Just to humor you how is protecting Muslims under the Civil Rights laws a threat to yours?

Old 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I love how the wingers on City Data use blogs as gospel evidence to start threads. Give us a news source otherwise this is poo hucky with no actual facts besides one person's opinion.

Just to humor you how is protecting Muslims under the Civil Rights laws a threat to yours?
Is the DOJ website good enough for you?

Statement of Attorney General Eric Holder on Department of Justice’s Outreach and Enforcement Efforts to Protect American Muslims (2009-06-04)

Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:

And I just love how lefties do the same thing, dude. It's not so much as to how the Civil Rights laws are affecting me, I'm glad we got 'em, but more by the vernacular posed by the AG. Oh, and the "actual fact" was included in the article. I guess you overlooked that, huh? Typical.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:45 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
well why not post the DOJ site instead of a rightwing blog instead? Sorry I just don't give much credit to blogs. Anyways carry on I'm sure this will become another I hate Obama & his administration bashfest. Cheerio!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:50 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
I am constantly amazed by how the neo cons see everything as a zero sum gain situation. How in the world is it that you think that one group of citizens having their civil rights protected takes away anything from another group of citizens civil rights? Do you not understand that unless the civil rights of all are protected the civil rights of none are safe?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
well why not post the DOJ site instead of a rightwing blog instead? Sorry I just don't give much credit to blogs. Anyways carry on I'm sure this will become another I hate Obama & his administration bashfest. Cheerio!
Frankly, I don't really give a damn what you give credit to. Take it, leave it, I don't care.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am constantly amazed by how the neo cons see everything as a zero sum gain situation. How in the world is it that you think that one group of citizens having their civil rights protected takes away anything from another group of citizens civil rights? Do you not understand that unless the civil rights of all are protected the civil rights of none are safe?
And I'm constantly amused at your usage of the term "neo con." Not everyone who disagrees with you, is a neocon. Don't tell me about civil rights, okay?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM

646 posts, read 801,419 times
Obama is going to sweet talk us right into another terrorist attack.He is a fool to think he can appease our enemiesThey have hundreds of years of hate built up.Bin Ladin has already came out with a video,it is not flying with our enemies.These people behead kids that are christians for god's sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies