Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Unfortunately since most religious people think God was against gays (which is debatable) they will never stop the hatred and intolerance. Religion obviously isn't going anywhere so I doubt things will change at all.

I for one am tolerant of everyone. Ironic that the people that push forgiveness, God, and heaven upon you are the least tolerant, isn't it? I'm a filthy heathen that is kind to all. They like to judge a persons lifestyle and not take a person for who they are.
They really aren't all like that. When I delivered meals to AIDS victims in San Fran, plenty of the other volunteers were from church groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 05:50 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
They really aren't all like that. When I delivered meals to AIDS victims in San Fran, plenty of the other volunteers were from church groups.
I know everyone isn't. There is an exception to every rule. However I think we can all agree the majority are like that.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I know everyone isn't. There is an exception to every rule. However I think we can all agree the majority are like that.

I have to say: I don't know.

Time was, I had the greatest contempt for religion, and anyone involved in it.
Living out in SF, I met so many completely secular a__ holes, that I altered my views.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:27 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:

Living out in SF, I met so many completely secular a__ holes, that I altered my views.
No i meant the majority are secular ***holes. Which you seem to agree with?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:

Well, a-holes come in all shapes, sizes, colors & religions... so your implication (regarding non-religious folks) is no better than somebody implying that more religious people are jerks. Don't you see that? As a semi-secular San Franciscan, I can say there are nice & horrible people of ALL types here. But for the most part, this city has some really wonderful people, and I usually don't care (or often know) what their religious beliefs are.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,514,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
HAHAHAH if you're a surgeon then im the queen of england. I have NEVER met a doctor or w/e you claim to be that would articulate their point as poorly as you've done here. Did you get your "degree" online? No no...I know you're a surg tech hahaha
whatever you wanna believe there dude

Old 04-18-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
No i meant the majority are secular ***holes. Which you seem to agree with?

Hmmm.

Not too long ago, my girlfriends Mom died. For the last year of her life, me and my girlfriend took care of her. It was like having a second job. But, she was the finest woman I ever knew. It was a privilege.

At her funeral, some characters marched around with candles, yadda, yadda, yadda. They were from some kind of religious society that her Mom had belonged to. Thing was, none of these people ever troubled to stop by when she was alive. She would have appreciated it, too.

So, yeah, part of me wants to agree with you, for most of them, it's just an excuse to drag their husbands off someplace where they can be made to sit still, and to get a good nosh at the IHOP afterwards.

But, honestly, I don't know. Why be judgemental, it's an adversary's real victory if they make you adopt their ways.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:53 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,514,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Because he isn't one, but I think you've prob already gathered that.
I dont really care what you think. Your opinion is "the only one". Im done with you.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, a-holes come in all shapes, sizes, colors & religions... so your implication (regarding non-religious folks) is no better than somebody implying that more religious people are jerks. Don't you see that? As a semi-secular San Franciscan, I can say there are nice & horrible people of ALL types here. But for the most part, this city has some really wonderful people, and I usually don't care (or often know) what their religious beliefs are.

Did you read about Robert Noel and Marjorie Knoller?

That's the kind of people I mean. Not you, certainly.

I think there are some wonderful people there, too. There are also a bunch of people who fled from Podunk, Nebraska, or whereever, and now think that they represent some kind of avant-garde elite, sneering at all the folks back home. Whereas, in reality, they're the very same kind of butthead they left back there.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:40 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
I am a surgeon. I dont have time to do research on this between sewing peoples faces back on after a tragic event. Sorry. And, Yes, it is learned, or a choice. Thats what RESEARCH has found. Not to say that there havent been opposite findings. Like I said a few posts ago, depends on what you want to believe. We could argue both ways. As for what medical school I went to, that is not important. This is my opinion on my belief of research. Not the out spoken opinion of my school's....
Yes, Doctor! We need more research, STAT! Sorry, always wanted to say that.

So, if there is research stating both biological and choice, are we seeing a continuum like sexuality itself? Paging Dr. Choice, Dr. Choice, code pink and lavender!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies