Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 10:07 AM

341 posts, read 1,487,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Wow , coyote I was really hoping we could be freinds, What exactly was it that turned you so angry towards us christian folk, somewhere down the road you had some bad experience with religion, you have got some heavy misguided hate flowin there, I am assuming you are one tough chick, could be wrong, but doubt it, I hope you can let a little of that softer side show. this is coming from one of those predispositioned individuals who cares!
a) My distaste for ANY(not just Christian) religion is not misplaced. It is misplaced in the minds only by those who have it in their lives.

b) A person does NOT have to have some life changing one time encounter with religion to put a bad taste in their mouths.

All a person needs to do is go through life day to day to see religion in any form for what it is.

c) I've heard all the arguements and no, they don't change my mind and hold any validity.

d) Why do I dislike it? Because it misguides people. It causes unbelievable violence. It's used as an excuse. It's full of hypocrites. It gets shoved into non-religious peoples lives & faces constantly. It makes up idiotic disgusting judgements against other people. It's greedy. And it's honestly filled with the hoakiest sounding, outdated stories and 'rules to live by' hooey imaginable.

Sound harsh? Well, for those of us who do not voluntarily choose to DO religion, we're still dealing with it. Churches on every corner, fanatics warring & killing in the name of god, judging others because they don't conform to your idealisms, and the list goes on. I ignore it as much as possible. If someone uses it to feel better. Yay for them. But using it as a weapon against others who don't fit into your idealology? Disgusting. It's all cultish.

And ooooooooomgosh she's full of hate. Good grief get a life. If religion could be a nice little quiet, helpful (not $$$$ greedy), non-invasive thing I'd never say a word. But it's not. It's loud. And dangerous. And out of control. And I don't feel the need to sit by silently listening to the preachy rantings of so called peace loving people diminish the lives of other people who don't fit their mold.

That's my opinion stated bluntly, matter of factly and watch your toes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 10:15 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
A lot of downright actuality in that post, Coyote. Let's see how the reality-challenged religious telemarketers attempt to excusify their way around it...

Old 04-22-2007, 10:39 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Blond View Post
a) My distaste for ANY(not just Christian) religion is not misplaced. It is misplaced in the minds only by those who have it in their lives.

b) A person does NOT have to have some life changing one time encounter with religion to put a bad taste in their mouths.

All a person needs to do is go through life day to day to see religion in any form for what it is.

c) I've heard all the arguements and no, they don't change my mind and hold any validity.

d) Why do I dislike it? Because it misguides people. It causes unbelievable violence. It's used as an excuse. It's full of hypocrites. It gets shoved into non-religious peoples lives & faces constantly. It makes up idiotic disgusting judgements against other people. It's greedy. And it's honestly filled with the hoakiest sounding, outdated stories and 'rules to live by' hooey imaginable.

Sound harsh? Well, for those of us who do not voluntarily choose to DO religion, we're still dealing with it. Churches on every corner, fanatics warring & killing in the name of god, judging others because they don't conform to your idealisms, and the list goes on. I ignore it as much as possible. If someone uses it to feel better. Yay for them. But using it as a weapon against others who don't fit into your idealology? Disgusting. It's all cultish.

And ooooooooomgosh she's full of hate. Good grief get a life. If religion could be a nice little quiet, helpful (not $$$$ greedy), non-invasive thing I'd never say a word. But it's not. It's loud. And dangerous. And out of control. And I don't feel the need to sit by silently listening to the preachy rantings of so called peace loving people diminish the lives of other people who don't fit their mold.

That's my opinion stated bluntly, matter of factly and watch your toes.
Wow! And they called me bigoted, a hater, etc., etc. Miss Blond, that is your opinion of what you perceive it to be. You are not very fair to include all religions, but your venom is seen as directed to one example--Christianity. That's to bad.

Do you personally know any true Christians? Have you ever been friends with any true Christians?? Or are you parroting what you're feed from the negative media? Oh, just my opinion.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:50 AM

56 posts, read 161,360 times
The gays have it - yeah - they have political clout!!!
There is no (unified) America, just a bunch of special interests fighting over the "pie". We are Bosnia and Iraq with a lot less bloodshed, but just as divided we are! What ever happened to all the common items that used to keep America as a unique and shining example of freedoms. The mighty has not (quite) fallen yet, but we are on the way.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Default Wowzee

Coyote_Blond, your post was awesome and gnarly. You don't pull any punches! I like that. Have to give you props for the "watch your toes" ending too!

Back on topic. Corporations often pass policies that are allegedly "equality" driven. The daily goings-on often prove different. I worked for a factory in KS while in college and the local good ol' boys raised a fuss when a policy of non-discrimination against gays was enacted.

In the context of this thread, a nudge from a corporation made a difference in state policy, while all the arguments for equality couldn't persuade the state's legislature.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Wow! And they called me bigoted, a hater, etc., etc. Miss Blond, that is your opinion of what you perceive it to be. You are not very fair to include all religions, but your venom is seen as directed to one example--Christianity. That's to bad.
There was nothing indicating bigotry or associated hatred involved in Coyote-Blond's post. It is a simple declaration of a rejection of religion in general and some of the (quite valid) reasons for doing that. Disagreeing with and refusing to adopt a religious life-stance is not an example of bigotry, nor is it any reason for raising the bigotry-flag, although that was certainly anticipated. If it seems to you that Christianity is particularly targeted somehow, you might need to consider that this is the religion that in this part of the world most frequently seeks to interject itself into the lives of those who wish to have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you personally know any true Christians? Have you ever been friends with any true Christians?? Or are you parroting what you're feed from the negative media? Oh, just my opinion.
Ah, the elusive 'true Christian' once again. Has anyone agreed on who this guy (or girl) is yet? As for the mainstream media, what passes for it today is unabashedly and quite uncritically pro-Christian. Hopefully, that will change one day. Such would be to the benefit of theists and non-theists alike...

Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 PM

Your above post indicated one of the quoted material was from "Burdell" that was an error it was my quote.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Your above post indicated one of the quoted material was from "Burdell" that was an error it was my quote.
Apologies. That occurred due a misplaced confidence in my ability to carry out a Ctrl-C operation properly.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Apologies. That occurred due a misplaced confidence in my ability to carry out a Ctrl-C operation properly.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Oh my God, in the future, we will like all speak Valley Girl? Seriousleeeee!!!
I think it would be more like totalleeeee!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies