Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 10:54 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Actually, the bottom line is that a man has been murdered and another man will stand trial for that murder. Personally feelings aside, ya know?

Beyond that, I think the fact that the family has decided to close the clinic actually shows that it was not just a money-scheme. There are so few doctors willing to do a late-term abortion because the regularity of them actually happening is quite low. I'm sure that the frequency is faaaaar from what you'd see at a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Personally, if I was pregnant and found out that not only would I die/suffer in giving birth, but that I would suffer only to give birth to a dead child, I would get the procedure done. ((All things aside, I can't get preggers anyways... but still))

((And the "terrorist" malarkey is thrown around by both sides like monkeys with dung. It only serves to cause an emotional response... which appears to be quite effective))
Rita, IMO, your perspective of this situation is rather naive if you think it is as simple as this:

"Actually, the bottom line is that a man has been murdered and another man will stand trial for that murder. Personally feelings aside, ya know?"

"Personally"? feelings aside, ya know? Have you ever been involved in any way in a murder trial? Are you aware of the Kopp case? Murder cases are absolutely NOT "Personally feelings aside, ya know." You're not going to find more personal feelings in any kind of criminal case than a murder case.

Did you know that murder trials in this country are divided into TWO separate trials, so to speak? First there is the guilt/not guilty trial which focuses on the facts of what happened, period.

If the defendant is found guilty, then there is a penalty phase trial. That trial involves migitators and aggravators.........in other words, the convicted person's entire life history is put before the jury so they can determine what sentence to impose. It doesn't get any more personal than that.

As for this statement by you:

"((And the "terrorist" malarkey is thrown around by both sides like monkeys with dung. It only serves to cause an emotional response... which appears to be quite effective))"

"terrorist malarkey"???? "like monkeys with dung"?????

IMO, that is a very immature attitude and statement. And do you supposed that throwing out words like "terrorist malarkey" and "monkeys with dung" is likely to cause an EMOTIONAL RESPONSE???

Have you ever done any research regarding the violent anti-choice organizations in this country? Have you done any research regarding who is considered to be a "terrorist" by the U.S. TODAY, after 9/11? Actually, the violent anti-choice people have been terrorists long before 9/11. What do you consider the bombing of women's clinics to be? What about killing doctors who provide reproductive services for women? Just two examples.

Bottom line, I just find your making light of such serious issues in your post offensive.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Rita, IMO, your perspective of this situation is rather naive if you think it is as simple as this:

"Actually, the bottom line is that a man has been murdered and another man will stand trial for that murder. Personally feelings aside, ya know?"

"Personally"? feelings aside, ya know? Have you ever been involved in any way in a murder trial? Are you aware of the Kopp case? Murder cases are absolutely NOT "Personally feelings aside, ya know." You're not going to find more personal feelings in any kind of criminal case than a murder case.

Did you know that murder trials in this country are divided into TWO separate trials, so to speak? First there is the guilt/not guilty trial which focuses on the facts of what happened, period.

If the defendant is found guilty, then there is a penalty phase trial. That trial involves migitators and aggravators.........in other words, the convicted person's entire life history is put before the jury so they can determine what sentence to impose. It doesn't get any more personal than that.

As for this statement by you:

"((And the "terrorist" malarkey is thrown around by both sides like monkeys with dung. It only serves to cause an emotional response... which appears to be quite effective))"

"terrorist malarkey"???? "like monkeys with dung"?????

IMO, that is a very immature attitude and statement. And do you supposed that throwing out words like "terrorist malarkey" and "monkeys with dung" is likely to cause an EMOTIONAL RESPONSE???

Have you ever done any research regarding the violent anti-choice organizations in this country? Have you done any research regarding who is considered to be a "terrorist" by the U.S. TODAY, after 9/11? Actually, the violent anti-choice people have been terrorists long before 9/11. What do you consider the bombing of women's clinics to be? What about killing doctors who provide reproductive services for women? Just two examples.

Bottom line, I just find your making light of such serious issues in your post offensive.
Her post was on target. One man killed another man who was a law abiding citizen and doctor. Emotions are not going to decide this case, they will just overflow on forums like this.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:10 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
ends don't justify the means....
jesus people annoy me...

Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Her post was on target. One man killed another man who was a law abiding citizen and doctor. Emotions are not going to decide this case, they will just overflow on forums like this.
How many years have you been working in courts and trying murder cases? And you say that "emotions" will not decided this case! Are you aware that Judges tell jurors in the jury charge that they are to use their everyday, common sense in determining the credibility of the witnesses, among a lot of other things.......and that no juror EVER comes to the jury box devoid of emotions. A trial is about jurors coming together, bringing with them their life experiences, listening to the evidence, determining for themselves the credibility of the witnesses on the witness stand, and are given the law by the judge at the end of the trial, then they retire to the jury room to DELIBERATE. Ahhhhhhh, and you think emotions will play no part at all whatsoever.

Again, how many years have you be working in courts and trying murder cases, or any other criminal cases, for that matter?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:31 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The issue is that by definition it is a murder rooted in domestic terrorism. I don't think there is anything emotional involved with regards to calling it that. The attack was used to incite fear due to a religious/political motive. It is much wider in scope than people seem to be willing to admit.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:33 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
The issue is that by definition it is a murder rooted in domestic terrorism. I don't think there is anything emotional involved. The attack was used to incite fear due to a religious/political motive. It is much wider in scope than people seem to be willing to admit.
This bares repeating:

Liberal ideology:

Kill 1 person, you're a domestic terrorist

Kill 60,000 pre born babies, you're a hero

Moral relativism has sunken to a new low.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:35 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
This bares repeating:

Liberal ideology:

Kill 1 person, you're a domestic terrorist

Kill 60,000 pre born babies, you're a hero

Moral relativism has sunken to a new low.
When did I say Tiller was a hero? Would you mind pointing out how it wasn't by definition a terrorist action? Are you going to just keep posting the same thing or are you going to actually form a coherent argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lol. every way possible? utter bunk.

killing innocent lives is 'freedom' and 'American' in the upside-down world of liberalism
I was pointing out that your argument was dumb by stating a dumb argument from the other side.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,487 times
Well in terms of late term abortions - i'm glad the clinic is closed! I don't like the idea of a late term abortion as the fetus really is starting to take a life of its own and to end its life at this stage is cruelty... if the baby can be taken out of the womb and survive than i'm all for that - either that or the abortion should be denied.

Having said that, the guy who killed Dr. Tiller is worse than Dr. Tiller because he killed a fully developed human being that was fully conscious of his existence and had a lifetime of experience! The same can not be said for the fetuses he aborted. As terrible as abortion is - i just don't think it is a parallel argument and it is outrageous that people think there is justification to the man's death - they should be ashamed.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:06 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Well in terms of late term abortions - i'm glad the clinic is closed! I don't like the idea of a late term abortion as the fetus really is starting to take a life of its own and to end its life at this stage is cruelty... if the baby can be taken out of the womb and survive than i'm all for that - either that or the abortion should be denied.

Having said that, the guy who killed Dr. Tiller is worse than Dr. Tiller because he killed a fully developed human being that was fully conscious of his existence and had a lifetime of experience! The same can not be said for the fetuses he aborted. As terrible as abortion is - i just don't think it is a parallel argument and it is outrageous that people think there is justification to the man's death - they should be ashamed.

Ome man had a long life. The babies never got a chance to take their first breath of air_________all for money. Hmmmmm

Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Ome man had a long life. The babies never got a chance to take their first breath of air_________all for money. Hmmmmm
so you are an advocate for the murder of Dr. Tiller?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies