Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Don't know what the laws are in Israel regarding abortion. Your statement about Israel is irrelevant to what happened.
Abortion is legal in Israel.

And I would think no differently of Tiller if he was operating in a poor black neighborhood.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Palin accused Obama of "hanging out with terrorists"
What was false about that statement?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The bottom line is some of us can celebrate the opportunity for life while others mourn the lost opportunity for death.

Tiller's butcher shop is closed and it's time to move on.
Actually, the bottom line is that a man has been murdered and another man will stand trial for that murder. Personally feelings aside, ya know?

Beyond that, I think the fact that the family has decided to close the clinic actually shows that it was not just a money-scheme. There are so few doctors willing to do a late-term abortion because the regularity of them actually happening is quite low. I'm sure that the frequency is faaaaar from what you'd see at a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Personally, if I was pregnant and found out that not only would I die/suffer in giving birth, but that I would suffer only to give birth to a dead child, I would get the procedure done. ((All things aside, I can't get preggers anyways... but still))

((And the "terrorist" malarkey is thrown around by both sides like monkeys with dung. It only serves to cause an emotional response... which appears to be quite effective))

Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Gangs and thieves have absolutely no political or religious motive, read the definition.
^ this

I stand corrected.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What was false about that statement?
I'm just saying, it's not just liberals who refer to people as terrorists, as the PP stated.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
every gangbanger would also have to be considered a domestic terrorist as well.
I would imagine that if you lived in a neighborhood controlled by gangs, where your average normal person is afriad to leave their house after dark or report the criminals for fear of reprisal, you would call it domestic terrorism also.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengeice View Post
I guess the pro-abortionists are mad that Tiller can no longer eliminate those all-American white Kansas fetuses. I wonder what the reaction of many liberals would be if Tiller had a high-profile abortion clinic serving a black community? would Tiller be allowed to operate in israel? I wonder how Ruth Bader Ginsburg would feel about that one?

Oh the hypocrisy!
Make stuff up. Answer your own made up stuff. Then scream "hypocrisy." LOL.

Oh, the lunacy!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Actually, the bottom line is that a man has been murdered and another man will stand trial for that murder. Personally feelings aside, ya know?

Beyond that, I think the fact that the family has decided to close the clinic actually shows that it was not just a money-scheme. There are so few doctors willing to do a late-term abortion because the regularity of them actually happening is quite low. I'm sure that the frequency is faaaaar from what you'd see at a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Personally, if I was pregnant and found out that not only would I die/suffer in giving birth, but that I would suffer only to give birth to a dead child, I would get the procedure done. ((All things aside, I can't get preggers anyways... but still))

((And the "terrorist" malarkey is thrown around by both sides like monkeys with dung. It only serves to cause an emotional response... which appears to be quite effective))

I just have a hard time caring about a man that was killed when he spent his life killing the most vulnerable and innocent. Everyone has an opportunity to have a abortion earlier and any doctor will "abort" a dead baby.

As far as the terrorist thing, the left is using calling people a terrorist as a tool of terrorism to the general public. Since hussein obama has been in office jsut about everyone is now listed as a terrorist (except actual terrorist) in the MIAC Report, Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag and equates them with radical race hate groups and terrorists. Liberals saw this and have jumped on the "terrorist" bandwagon.

State Apologizes to Paul, Barr & Baldwin Over MIAC Report

Old 06-09-2009, 12:39 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
That's untrue, what political goals due gangbangers have?

Redistribution of wealth.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I just have a hard time caring about a man that was killed when he spent his life killing the most vulnerable and innocent. Everyone has an opportunity to have a abortion earlier and any doctor will "abort" a dead baby.

As far as the terrorist thing, the left is using calling people a terrorist as a tool of terrorism to the general public. Since hussein obama has been in office jsut about everyone is now listed as a terrorist (except actual terrorist) in the MIAC Report, Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag and equates them with radical race hate groups and terrorists. Liberals saw this and have jumped on the "terrorist" bandwagon.

State Apologizes to Paul, Barr & Baldwin Over MIAC Report
Actually, many doctors will not abort a dead baby, or a baby with severe abnormalities because they are afraid of the retribution of the anti-choice community. I had my yearly appt. with my gyno recently and asked him what his opinions are in this matter (I had the appt. 3 days after the murder occured) and he said he wouldn't do a later term abortion even if it meant the mother would die. It wasn't morals, it was the fact that he didn't want to be targeted for doing a 'partial birth abortion'. He has a family to support and can't afford to be killed or maimed. He would simply recommend a different doctor to do the procedure.

There was a small protest for 'the pill kills' last weekend at my local planned parenthood and I went to counterprotest and help women get contraception without being hassled. I plan on volunteering at PP on a regular basis now.

And what's with your use of 'hussein obama'?? You do realize it's just a name, right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies