Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,885 times

Advertisements

Over the years I have heard quite a few black women complain about successful black men who date outside there race.

You know, a few years ago I really could not speak on the subject because I had little "real life" experience but now that I'm older (late 20s) I'm beginning to take notice of this issue.

More or less, as a black man who has no desire to live the urban life style and has always seek to live in a more affluent area I find that meeting single, black, attractive females around my age quite CHALLENGING!

I have lived in two states longer then 5 years each and have came into the same problem. As far as what I can see, most of the Afro Americans live in highly concentrated areas and since I chose not to live within that area my opportunity to interact with other blacks females is very slim.

So at the end of the day, if I build up my life outside of where most of my racial group resides (because there is more opportunity!) why should I be faulted for selecting another racial group as a female partner when it just boils down to female availability and proximity (at least for me)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 02:58 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Over the years I have heard quite a few black women complain about successful black men who date outside there race.

You know, a few years ago I really could not speak on the subject because I had little "real life" experience but now that I'm older (late 20s) I'm beginning to take notice of this issue.

More or less, as a black man who has no desire to live the urban life style and has always seek to live in a more affluent area I find that meeting single, black, attractive females around my age quite CHALLENGING!

I have lived in two states longer then 5 years each and have came into the same problem. As far as what I can see, most of the Afro Americans live in highly concentrated areas and since I chose not to live within that area my opportunity to interact with other blacks females is very slim.

So at the end of the day, if I build up my life outside of where most of my racial group resides (because there is more opportunity!) why should I be faulted for selecting another racial group as a female partner when it just boils down to female availability and proximity (at least for me)?
I think we all should date based on the character of a person not their skin color. Good luck in your search . Find someone you love on the basis of character not skin

Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,665 times
I'm a black guy. I could'nt care less what other blacks, female or not think. Race does'nt factor into my daily thinking much. I have better things to think about than whether or not someones aggrieved over my dating choices. Thats my business. They should get over it.

We are all individuals.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:50 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,099 times
When we are talking about black men dating outside their race, are we talking about them not dating humans?

Old 06-03-2009, 03:56 PM

451 posts, read 1,228,413 times
As your thoughts and views of the world become broader you will find that you can't click with as many people you thought you once could. I have lived in a few counties and i find it hard to click with a lot of people who have lived in their bubble there entire life. The reality of this is that AA people make up a small percentage of the population, so if you want to date one with worldly way of life its going to be a little harder. Your best bet is to move near a military base, plenty of worldly black women there. As you expand your horizons it gets harder to date. That's just how it is.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:01 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I don't think you should be faulted for this. Good luck in finding the right woman for you, no matter what her race may be.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:06 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Did Wilt Chamberlain come back and post this thread?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:06 PM

346 posts, read 408,049 times
Who cares?? Maybe the Klan folks but 99% if the country gives a rip. Stop trying to stir up trouble here bub.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Date whom you want, marry someone who is both best friend and lover. No matter the color/race/ethnicity/sex (though this one doesn't apply to you ) -- you never know where you will find your spouse - happy dating!

Old 06-03-2009, 04:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Why does it matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies