U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:09 PM

41,306 posts, read 42,925,598 times

Advertisements

Lieberman, Graham Threaten to Shut Down Senate - Roll Call

Quote:
Both Senators said they were alarmed that a House-Senate conference committee on the supplemental war spending bill appears poised to eliminate language — inserted by the two Senators — that would block public disclosure of detainee abuse photos.
Quote:
If the provision is eliminated, Lieberman and Graham said they would vote against the supplemental and any attempts to bring debate on the measure to a close.
Quote:
Graham accused House Democratic leaders of being beholden to “a fringe element in American politics” because he said they appear to be taking the side of the American Civil Liberties Union, which has sued the government under the Freedom of Information Act to obtain the other photos.
Ahhh. Bipartisanship at it's finest.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 08:34 PM

12,646 posts, read 19,574,624 times
My my my The Dems mis-behaving yet again and called on it by one of their own!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 PM

9,984 posts, read 9,881,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
My my my The Dems mis-behaving yet again and called on it by one of their own!
Lieberman is not a democrat and has not been for some time. The democratic party rejected him in 2006 and as a result he has been an independent who caucuses with the dems.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 PM

11,486 posts, read 14,564,814 times
The baby liberal crickets are asking the Obama camp on how to respond to this.

They are so crooked it is no longer funny.

Both senators should be commented to stopping the morons from making things worse.

Pelosi will be running scared as her photo may come up in some of those photos!!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Lieberman is not a democrat and has not been for some time. The democratic party rejected him in 2006 and as a result he has been an independent who caucuses with the dems.

The party does not reject him, his voters do.

One single honest democrat and your party does not like him.

Guess he is not follow the moron leader democratic type is he.

I knew someone would come on a down Lieberman.

Willing to bet most of the libs here voted for Joe in 2000 didn't you?

Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 PM

9,984 posts, read 9,881,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The party does not reject him, his voters do.

One single honest democrat and your party does not like him.

Guess he is not follow the moron leader democratic type is he.

I knew someone would come on a down Lieberman.

Willing to bet most of the libs here voted for Joe in 2000 didn't you?
The voters did reject him and no he is not a democrat. The only reason he is in the position he is in is because Harry Reid has no b***s .

Elections News from The Hartford Courant, including local CT elections and Presidential campaigns -- Courant.com

Essentially by losing the primary he was kicked out of the party only he was a sore loser and was lucky enough not to be running in a state with sore loser primary rules.

No I did not vote for him in 2000 I was 14 and I sure as heck did not vote for him in 2004 nor would I vote for him in any year regardless of whether he was the democratic nominee or not because honestly I would prefer a legitimate Republican who has a sense of honor and loyalty to a worthless political oppertunist. He is a worthless waste of a human being and the dems should grow some b***s, strip him of his committee assignments and treat him like the dog mess he is.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 PM

9,042 posts, read 12,390,141 times
These two liberals can shut down the Senate anytime they very well please. The country will do much better without these 100 money wasters in operation.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 PM

41,306 posts, read 42,925,598 times
Quote:
The voters did reject him and no he is not a democrat.
Yes, in the dem primary, for one reason - his stance on Iraq. Money poured into his state from the far-left loonies of the country in the hopes of ousting him.

Can you imagine that; the former VP candidate, a good democrat through and through and you guys let the far-left try and ruin him, all because he wouldn't recant his Iraq war vote like the rest of the cowards did.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The voters did reject him and no he is not a democrat. The only reason he is in the position he is in is because Harry Reid has no b***s .

Elections News from The Hartford Courant, including local CT elections and Presidential campaigns -- Courant.com

Essentially by losing the primary he was kicked out of the party only he was a sore loser and was lucky enough not to be running in a state with sore loser primary rules.

No I did not vote for him in 2000 I was 14 and I sure as heck did not vote for him in 2004 nor would I vote for him in any year regardless of whether he was the democratic nominee or not because honestly I would prefer a legitimate Republican who has a sense of honor and loyalty to a worthless political oppertunist. He is a worthless waste of a human being and the dems should grow some b***s, strip him of his committee assignments and treat him like the dog mess he is.

You do not like him because he is honest and tells it like it is.

He was right on the war and the surge and yet none of you give him credit.

So you just proved to me how the democrats work, if someone like Joe goes against your little game then you toss them out.

Ok. I get it. No wonder your party is such as mess and they all walk in line like little robots.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, in the dem primary, for one reason - his stance on Iraq. Money poured into his state from the far-left loonies of the country in the hopes of ousting him.

Can you imagine that; the former VP candidate, a good democrat through and through and you guys let the far-left try and ruin him.
Just the way they operate.

Sure, the higher ups raised money to go against one of their own.
Had sad.

Just shows what type of people that side of the aisle is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies