Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 PM

9,878 posts, read 10,788,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
You're kidding, right? You're not? Well, you better put me on your ignore list before I say what I think about that. Oh, wait -- you don't know how to do that, either, do you?
Wow , that really stings old timer, what do you want to get all pissy with each other I thought you were a former moderator held in high regard? I dont need to put any body on my ignore list, please let me have it ! What is it about benign that gets you so testy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 05:11 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,504,453 times
Rove is a SCUMBAG.
Him and Cheney are proably even more dangerous than W. He was in the PNW yesterday, saying stuff like "improvements in Iraq are taking place, the leaders have recently agreed to an oil distribution", "the democrats will raise your taxes if they win the White House and Congress in 08, keep the republicans in office if you want your taxes low"
First off, that oil agreement states that about 70% of the Iraqis future oil will have to go to Exxon, BP and Texaco, Bush threw this in the agreement!!
Secondly, someone is going to have to pay, literalily, for these depisites since 2000 and these wars. Do the Reeps think they can just keep on cutting taxes and borrowing from China?
So much for the low taxes anyway, the price of gas almost doubling since Rove's boy took office, pretty much wipes that out for anyone making less than 75k yearly.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:40 PM

2,971 posts, read 2,248,994 times
I keep seeing mention of an "ignore list". What is it? What is the purpose of it? Is it to avoid seeing some posters remarks, or what?

Old 04-14-2007, 10:16 PM

1,247 posts, read 921,878 times
Let me see if I have this right. I don't like Rove, so I'm a liberal. How nice of you all to label me so...accurately.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:34 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,896,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I keep seeing mention of an "ignore list". What is it? What is the purpose of it? Is it to avoid seeing some posters remarks, or what?
I'm not 100% positive but I think when you put someone on Ignore, you see that s/he has made a post, but you don't see the content of that post (or any of his/her posts).

Old 04-15-2007, 12:22 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,328,591 times
Karl Rove is neither a genius or evil.

And BTW, he doesn't scare me.

Remember the same idiot that has referred to Rove as "The Boy Genius," "The Architect," and "Turd Blossom," (a Texan term for a flower that grows from a pile of cow dung), is the same moron that uttered this statement, “You’re doing a good job Brownie”. That should be an affirmation that Rove is the antithesis of a genius.

Again, Rove is no genius, anyone could have done what he did.

Karl Rove focused on the religious vote. The religious vote was decisive in Bush's reelection. We all know how he got the first one.

"Moral values" edged out terrorism, the economy, and Iraq as the top issue of concern. Can you believe that!

So what was it that this "Boy Genius" did? He fed into their fears of the "Gay Marriage" issue.

"The Gay Agenda", like some fine folks on this forum like to say.(You know who you are )

He focused on their bigotry and intolerance.

The president was able to eat into a Democratic core by stealing some black votes,Black Protestants, again b/c of the gay issue.

Folks, it takes no genius to manipulate unthinking drones.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 AM

46 posts, read 92,643 times
Quote:
You're kidding, right? You're not? Well, you better put me on your ignore list before I say what I think about that. Oh, wait -- you don't know how to do that, either, do you?
And you're a moderator? Hmmm...that was awful harsh for someone who is supposed to encourage people to get along. I'm very disappointed. I don't agree with much of what you say, but I still respect your right to say it. I, personally, think it makes people like yourself feel better when you insult others who disagree with you.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:00 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,493,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
And you're a moderator?
No. I was a moderator. There are several reasons why I am no longer a moderator. One of them is that I saw so much ignorance and negativity that it became difficult to hold my tongue and be "moderate".

A prime example is the fact that under the screen names of moderators, it says "Moderator", while under the screen names of non-moderators it says "Member" or "Senior Member" or some other description. Mine says "Senior Member", so I am obviously not a moderator. Also, Silas777 clearly said I was a "former moderator". One of the things I find difficult to accept are people who jump to conclusions and form opinions without fully reading or understanding what they have read. I find they are frequently in error, both for the small things and the important things.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:04 AM

2,971 posts, read 2,248,994 times
Quote:
No. I was a moderator. There are several reasons why I am no longer a moderator. One of them is that I saw so much ignorance and negativity that it became difficult to hold my tongue and be "moderate".
I must comment, that although we don't agree on much I must say that it is admirable to be able to acknowledge this in yourself (if it is true) and get out of the moderator business!

Old 04-15-2007, 10:07 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times
How true! And to my mind, how sad!

Perhaps reading comprehension is at an all time-low! And judgment replaces reason!

Quote:

A prime example is the fact that under the screen names of moderators, it says "Moderator", while under the screen names of non-moderators it says "Member" or "Senior Member" or some other description. Mine says "Senior Member", so I am obviously not a moderator. Also, Silas777 clearly said I was a "former moderator". One of the things I find difficult to accept are people who jump to conclusions and form opinions without fully reading or understanding what they have read. I find they are frequently in error, both for the small things and the important things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies