Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

is he a genius, or is he evil. What has he done for the country?

j
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 03:17 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

j

He is an evil genius and has anchored one end of a new axis of evil

Old 04-12-2007, 04:41 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

My tax money pays his salary so he can subvert our government towards the end of some "permanent Republican majority". Everything that he does is for that godawful party. He does nothing constructive for this country.

I can't wait until the trail of the never-ending laundry list of Bush scandals finally parks itself at his front door. Seeing him and his pasty-white ass frogmarched out of the White House will make for a wonderful screen saver someday...

Old 04-12-2007, 04:43 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He is an evil genius and has anchored one end of a new axis of evil
He's clever and cunning- not the same thing as genius. Not by a long shot.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Default interestingly.........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
My tax money pays his salary so he can subvert our government towards the end of some "permanent Republican majority". Everything that he does is for that godawful party. He does nothing constructive for this country.

I can't wait until the trail of the never-ending laundry list of Bush scandals finally parks itself at his front door. Seeing him and his pasty-white ass frogmarched out of the White House will make for a wonderful screen saver someday...

No one has come to his defense......................

Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I really don't know much about Rove, in the strict sense of knowing...He seems like a shadow figure. I read his bio--and felt even more adrift.

Clever, not genius; cunning not evil--my guess.

But, no, nothing good to say for another WH staff member that loses his paperwork and emails (smells like a Bush-gate 2007).

Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
...towards the end of some "permanent Republican majority"..
I think it's more subtle than that. They realize that sooner or later their selfish agenda will turn the populace against them, and someone else will take over.

Instead, I see their agenda as creating as many laws, regulations, tax changes, executive orders, policies, federal judges, beneficial contracts, environmental reversals, etc. etc. etc. as possible so their self-serving actions will continue as long as possible. Some of their actions can't be reversed for generations (such as judges) and some will never be able to be reversed (for example, if they are successful in drilling for oil in irreplaceable locations).

Karl Rove knows people will eventually discover and hate the things he has been planning for the past 6 or 7 years, and he knows they will eventually be kicked out of the leadership because of it. He (and his supporters) simply don't care -- they're rolling the dice that they can make things so off-balance that it will take decades, if ever, to restore the balance and common sense.

If it lasts long enough for their corporate lifetimes, they'll be happy.

The amazing, incredible, stupendous thing, the absolute genius of Rove, is that they have been able to use Double Speak and lies to convince a majority of unthinking and naive Americans that these changes will actually benefit them. That number has been shrinking as the truth finally sinks into ever increasing numbers of the people who have been duped, but incredibly, there are still a few of the ignorant who actually still support them.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 PM

110 posts, read 473,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
The amazing, incredible, stupendous thing, the absolute genius of Rove, is that they have been able to use Double Speak and lies to convince a majority of unthinking and naive Americans that these changes will actually benefit them. That number has been shrinking as the truth finally sinks into ever increasing numbers of the people who have been duped, but incredibly, there are still a few of the ignorant who actually still support them.

Typical liberal elitist attitude "if you don't think like me...you are ignorant"

If a conservative republican (which I am NOT) made such a blanket statement about democrats and/or liberals the moderaters would be all over that post!

Double standards and hypocrisy exist everywhere.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Did you see the poll on political affiliation, Colomonter--this is a very mixed forum (according to the numbers) and I don't think for a minute the moderator(s) of this board participates in these discussions--nor that he/she is unfair.

It is actually unfair of you to make this call without any substantiation!

Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colomonter View Post
Typical liberal elitist attitude "if you don't think like me...you are ignorant"
Wrong.

First of all, you are trying to make a very specific statement into a broad, general attitude. There is no basis for you to do that. You have no idea of what my attitude is about anything else, just about this one subject. You state you are not a conservative republican; I'll take you at your word. I expect you to take me at my word that I am not a liberal elitist.

Second of all, what I have expressed is not really an opinion. Karl Rove and his associates have used deceit to convince people to support them. One prime example is the conservative religious group -- Karl Rove created a campaign that convinced the moral values folks that the administration supported them. Since then, it has been reliably reported that the Rove staff has laughed and giggled at the naivety of the religious right. David Kuo, who served as special assistant to President Bush from 2001 to 200, has written a book called “Tempting Faith”. He describes himself as a conservative Christian. His previous experience includes work for prominent conservatives including former Education Secretary and federal drug czar Bill Bennett and former Attorney General John ********.

He says some of the nation’s most prominent evangelical leaders were known in the office of presidential political strategist Karl Rove as “the nuts.”

“National Christian leaders received hugs and smiles in person and then were dismissed behind their backs and described as ‘ridiculous,’ ‘out of control,’ and just plain ‘goofy,’” Kuo wrote.

Even if he is exaggerating, certainly the Bush administration has kept none of the promises they made to religious conservatives about abortion, prayer in schools and many of their other favorite programs. The only conclusion that can logically be reached is that the Bush political policies, which are all formulated by Rove, were intended to dupe the religious right into supporting Bush, and those who believed it were naive and innocently stupid.

I never believed Rove and company. If that makes me a liberal elitist, then I'd certainly rather have that label than be known as a naive simpleton.

Rove used similar deceit to justify the war in Iraq (Iraq had WMD and harbored terrorists; by fighting in Iraq we are preventing another 9/11; the Iraqi oil money will pay for the war; we have a valid coalition of supporters for the war and many other phony claims). He even cooked up the deceit about energy policies (Americans deserve to drive their SUV's; there is plenty of oil if we just tear up the environment to drill for it). The Double Speak I referred to involves things like canceling requirements for manufacturers to clean up their emissions and calling it a "clean air" policy).

Anyone with a modicum of logic and common sense could have seen through any of these and dozens more. Notice, I said anyone; that is hardly an "elitist" position. All one had to do was apply common sense and logic and all the Karl Rove deceit and lies would have been apparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies