Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Jeez, he has a spelling issue. Lay off.
Maybe it's a typing issue.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:40 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
See post #187
Thanks.

I remember seeing the "wannabegeek" screen name on Orly's and Berg's sites.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
UPDATE: Suspect is an 89 year old white male, with ties to white supremacist group.

Another senseless act of domestic terrorism by another radical right wing extremist group. These groups sure do create and foster a lot of "lone wolves".

It's time for a major crackdown on these groups and their hate-filled incendiary rhetoric that is designed to incite people to acts of rage and senseless violence.
Lets not forget about the person who shot the soldiers last week. Let's shut down those anti-war groups.
[MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-11-2009 at 06:54 AM..

Old 06-10-2009, 08:44 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Whenever a shooting like this hits the headlines:

Liberals think "probably another right-winger."

Conservatives think "I hope it's not another right-winger."

That kind of tells you something.

Right wingers are prone to violence. Or at least MORE prone to violence than all others. Napalitano was exactly right yet was ROUNDLY denounced by this same lunatic rightwing fringe, which is now feeling more empowered and striking out. They are lone gunman but alot of these rightwing nutjobs are also banded together and could strike as a group who coordinates their attack. I hope the FBI is ready for this. And maybe the National Guard.

The real threat outside of rightwing violence is a rightwing government like the last one who capitalize on this and remove our civil rights and liberties.

Another Bush/Cheney regime would/could benefit from rightwing domestic terrorism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4h-Eo9snE

Old 06-10-2009, 08:45 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Right wingers are prone to violence. Or at least MORE prone to violence than all others.
Link please. Left wingers are more prone to bu--sh-t than others. Link? Click on the find all posts by Odanny.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Lets not forget about the person who shot the soldiers last week. Let's shut down those anti-war groups.

[MOD CUT/personal attack].
I don't think that guy had a political agenda any more than John Hinckley had a political agenda (the rumors about the Hinckley family's long time friendship with the Bush family spurring on Hinckley to assassinate Reagan so Hinckley's father's best friend would be POTUS lack credibility).

However, political violence in the US is hardly unique historically to right wingers. One thing that scares me is that the Tiller murder and the Holocaust museum shooting spree could lead to groups on the extreme left doing "reprisals". When that sort of political violence breaks out, it's not good for democracy.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-11-2009 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Link please. Left wingers are more prone to bu--sh-t than others. Link? Click on the find all posts by Odanny.
Well, you dont agree, but I'm keeping score at home.

Want some numbers?

I'll tell you where to find them:

http://www.google.com

Number of civilians killed during military actions of Clinton Administration (8 years) ____________
Number of civilians killed during military actions of Bush Administration (8 years) ____________

Rightwing = pro war = pro torture.

All of which lead to violence.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 PM

3 posts, read 11,396 times
I am so upset about this security guard's death. I was just at the Holocaust Memorial last Friday with my parents and twin sister. I remember him specifically because he had to wand my twin sister because of her belt and my dad asked him where the bathroom was. My family saw his pic on CNN tonight and gasped because we immediately recognized him. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:21 PM

Inside | American Nazis | National Geographic Channel (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/inside/3953/Overview - broken link)

Old 06-10-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaE View Post
I am so upset about this security guard's death. I was just at the Holocaust Memorial last Friday with my parents and twin sister. I remember him specifically because he had to wand my twin sister because of her belt and my dad asked him where the bathroom was. My family saw his pic on CNN tonight and gasped because we immediately recognized him. My heart goes out to him and his family.
I'm sorry to hear about that. I too have been through that security checkpoint and Iguess these people are offended by the Holocaust Memorial Museum as it is an accounting of the crimes committed by those they idolize.

Sick, twisted people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.