Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
But they do rape children.....
Mostly the gay ones do..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Just a problem with your selective memory.
Perhaps I read your post wrong, but it seemed to be excusing wrights cursing and inciting violence on the alter because others have throughout history. I pointed out that wright is a tad more extreme then that.

If I got your point wrong, then I do apologize.
No, nothing wrong with my memory and the posts prove it.

Something wrong with reading into a post something that wasn't there for your convenience.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
This white guy kills people at a Holocaust memorial and all the blame goes against the "right wing extremist" yet it was only a day earlier that Obama's pastor and mentor makes derogatory statements against the same group.

But I forget, Obama sat in his church for 20 years with ear plugs in....
Killing != Talking

Unless of course, Pastor Wright words incite violence against Jews.

Then maybe he'd be on the level with the fanatic right's radio hacks.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
This white guy kills people at a Holocaust memorial and all the blame goes against the "right wing extremist" yet it was only a day earlier that Obama's pastor and mentor makes derogatory statements against the same group.

Gosh, for some reason I don't remember that pastor killing anybody nor do I remember his going into a government building with guns trying to make a "civilian arrest" of anyone and spending 4 to 6 years in federal prison for his efforts. Did I miss that part?

And so we go back to free speech......the mantra of you guys when your speech gets in the ballpark of hate speech. Guess it's a fine line.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:45 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Wright is a racist, an anti-semite, and a hateful human being. I am greatly disturbed by how this new wave of anti-semitism seems to be part of the rhetoric of BOTH the right and the left. Maybe it is up to those of us in the common sense center to remind both sides that this type of hatred has led to madness before and can easily do so again. Shame on both sides for letting prejudice overcome their reason.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times
Quote:

I saw the statements in every newspaper that I read... and, ummm... I don't think he shot anybody to death so I'm not surprised that it did not get as much pub as, you know... the neo-nazi guy who killed the security guard at the Holocaust museum... plus, I thought Obama quit his church and stopped speaking to him? Why would anyone blame this guy's rantings on Obama? Oh, I forgot... because you hate Obama.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
If you have heard Wright's "sermons" they are enough to provoke many to kill whitie.
Can you cite any cases where those sermons did, in fact, "provoke" many to kill "whitie"........even one white person?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Just face it... Rev. Wright is NOT a man of God... men of God do not cuss during sermons or incite hatred and violence EVER.
Ahhhh, would that be true for people who call themselves Christians on message boards, too..........they would never incite hatred or violence ever if they were "men/women" of God?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Has Rush killed anybody? Then why does he have at least 5 threads over 10 pages long on here?

Idiots.
Hmmm...don't know the answer to that one. I'd guess it's because Rush peddles his wares over the air daily, so maybe that is what gets people so fired up about him.

I guess it must hurt that people are speaking out against your hero, but I could care less about what Rush or Jerimah says.

I wonder if the guy who did the shooting was an avid Rush listener and brought in to what he was saying. Would that make the outrage justified?

Why in the world would someone compare the killing of another peson to what someone says is beyond me, unless they are trying to justify what happened.

Idiots.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think that what we should be focusing on is how utterly pervasive anti-semtism is in our society. Who would have thought that skin heads, neo nazis, the KKK and Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson would have so much in common?

The extreme left and the extreme right are both extreme - and to excuse or downplay ones ideological 'nutjobs' merely because they are your ideological nutjobs is dangerous and shortsighted. Or at the very least very hyppocritical.
Sadly, this is all too true. None of the groups/people mentioned above deserve the least bit of attention, other than keeping a watchful eye on them to make sure they don't incite any more violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies