Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So it is OK to RAPE a 18 year old conservative teenager!!!!! OR just Plains kids!
I still don't see where Letterman said rape... I'm not defending his joke... it was in bad taste in any event... but I missed the rape part... I think that came from Palin's interpretation... which is almost always wrong.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What hypocrisy? Show me one post where I have made fun of Michelle Obama? Or more aptly, anyone in Bidens family?
What apples and oranges? The families of politicians should be off limits - period.
Exactly, the children of politicians have no choice in their political careers. Bill and Hilary's daughter was off limits, and still is, but a republican's daughter is fair game for disgusting sex jokes on national TV.

We went from not being able to say "water closet" on TV to talking about knocking up the young daughters of a state governor, when do we say "enough already"? Society draws the lines for proper ethical behavior on national TV, so here is me drawing my line.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
I still don't see where Letterman said rape... I'm not defending his joke... it was in bad taste in any event... but I missed the rape part... I think that came from Palin's interpretation... which is almost always wrong.
Okay, with two out of three daughters it would have been rape, Letterman did not specify which daughter he was humiliating on national TV, and I had a 60% chance to be correct, I guessed wrong, so sue me.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:47 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Exactly, the children of politicians have no choice in their political careers. Bill and Hilary's daughter was off limits, and still is, but a republican's daughter is fair game for disgusting sex jokes on national TV.

We went from not being able to say "water closet" on TV to talking about knocking up the young daughters of a state governor, when do we say "enough already"? Society draws the lines for proper ethical behavior on national TV, so here is me drawing my line.
Chelsea was off limits? Are you kidding me? Don't you remember how many jokes Limbaugh made about her looks? Remember when he called her the White House dog? Remember when McCain made the joke that Chelsea Clinton is so ugly because Janet Reno is her father? C'mon, man... let's not lose our sense of reality over this.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You're projecting about Letterman's opinion. "Of his kind," he's from Indiana, lol. Abraham Lincoln....This is your own fear speaking, not reality. Or maybe something you've been told to believe. I hope.

Trust me, he doesnt hate Palin. He doesnt even think of her. If you cant understand that andyou cant understand the makeup of a joke then I just dont know what to tell you.

And may I just say - you dont have to be anywhere NEAR the left to loathe Sarah Palin.
How long have you known Letterman, to speak for him?
and
What happned to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I cant believe this thread is still running.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Wow, here we go again with repubs placing so much importance on what celebrities say!
Gosh, then tomorrow a celebrity will say something good about Obama and we can read the horrible outrage of the repubs condemning celebrities as having no right to comment and their opinions aren't important....sheesh! it's enough to make your head spin...all the total hipocrasy, the flip-flopping...the angst, the horror...

Maybe someday they MIGHT realize that although they worship Limbaugh, a celebrity, as the Republican leader and spokesperson, liberals and Democrats do not worship Letterman nor is he a political leader.....maybe someday they'll realize the difference but not while they're spinning around in circles.............

Old 06-11-2009, 08:04 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Well you liberals just keep showing up on this thread to perpetuate the "non-issue"

Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Well you liberals just keep showing up on this thread to perpetuate the "non-issue"
Ya, I love how posting keeps the repub lies(especially the title of the thread) right out there !!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Wow, here we go again with repubs placing so much importance on what celebrities say!
Gosh, then tomorrow a celebrity will say something good about Obama and we can read the horrible outrage of the repubs condemning celebrities as having no right to comment and their opinions aren't important....sheesh! it's enough to make your head spin...all the total hipocrasy, the flip-flopping...the angst, the horror...

Maybe someday they MIGHT realize that although they worship Limbaugh, a celebrity, as the Republican leader and spokesperson, liberals and Democrats do not worship Letterman nor is he a political leader.....maybe someday they'll realize the difference but not while they're spinning around in circles.............

Sorry you are unable to grasp that making fun of children is in poor taste - even if their mother is palin.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:15 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Sorry you are unable to grasp that making fun of children is in poor taste - even if their mother is palin.
I agree. Making fun of children is in poor taste and unfair. Some things just aren't funny, and talking about underage girls being "knocked up" is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies