Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Letterman is no gentelman and I have come to expect attacks on children from the left. Letterman has become a self absorbed lowlife. This from a man that took years to marry the woman he lived with.
There are no gentlemen on the left. Just large women in slacks.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I'm with Camping on this one. Utterly, completely tasteless. The Palins haven't exactly been a model family, but that's no reason to take shots at their kids.
It wasnt about Willow ity was a reference to the pregnancy comedy of last year.

It's either a slow news day or they're trying to divert your attention. OR to get you all riled up on behalf of St. Sarah - it's always worked before.

gotta admit it's smart.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:38 PM

37,978 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
What was the rape joke? I can't pull up that link... the slutty flight attendant joke was thoroughly appropriate.
Hmm here is the cut & paste of the URL

The Greenroom » Forum Archive » It Might Not Be the Best Idea for David Letterman to Joke About Underage Girls Being Raped

Old 06-10-2009, 04:38 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
David Letterman has become a poster child for the spiteful, vicious, hateful, and just plain mean liberals who make up the political left in this country. I do not buy the “he is just a comedian” defense of what Letterman said, because he hides behind the veil of comedy to attack a fine woman and her young daughter, for no other reason then he disagrees with her political views.

Since the above link is from the Politico, you did not get the full story of how disgusting Letterman was, look at the video here. Sarah Palin was with her 13 or 14 year old daughter Willow, who was born in 1995, so Letterman is making a joke about the rape of a young girl. Whatever happened to the "Chelsea Clinton Rule", I guess it does not apply to the children of republicans.

The Greenroom » Forum Archive » It Might Not Be the Best Idea for David Letterman to Joke About Underage Girls Being Raped

I’m waiting for the liberals to defend Letterman’s disgusting joke, and help solidify my opinion of liberals, as mean spirited, vindictive, small-minded and hypocritical, partisan hacks.
Anyone who makes a blanket statement like this appears to be just that..."a mean spirited, vindictive, small-minded and hypocritical, partisan hack."

Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
Well, you're out of luck. Although I heard nothing about "rape", that was still an inappropriate joke.
Minor children of politicians should always be off limits from politics, period. Adult children of politicians should remain off limits as well unless they begin actively participating in politics.
When a grown man has sex with a 13 or 14 year old girl, its rape, is it not?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Aw, perhaps Letterman's just jealous of Conan getting the big gig instead of him.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:42 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
She could have had anyone there with her or no one. Th ejoke still would have flown.

Sorry, if the Palins had had more class about any of this they'd be treated with more respect.
So you are actually saying that if the children of a politician doesn't show enough 'class' that they are fair game?
Are you saying that minor children of a politician bring this type of attention on themselves?
Or just that if Palin weren't such a douche comedians et al.. wouldn't be 'forced' to make fun of her minor children?!

I seem to recall you being quite upset at threads regarding Michelle Obamas appearance.......how is this different? Because Palin is a republican her children should be skewered? Because Michelle is married to a democrat she should be sacrosanct? What complete hyppocritical bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Alex Rodriguez has sex with people he shouldn't (cheated on his wife), while Sarah Palin's teenage daughter got pregnant. He's a comedian - he worked both of these into a joke. It was somewhat funny, and I chuckled a little bit.

This joke wasn't disgusting, mean spirited, vindictive, small-minded, hypocritical, etc. Like most of what Letterman says, it was mildly funny.
I'm sorry, but joking about a grown man getting a Governor's 13 or 14 year old daughter, or anyone's young daughter, and getting her pregnant during a baseball game is not comedy, it is as low as you can go.

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
David Letterman has become a poster child for the spiteful, vicious, hateful, and just plain mean liberals who make up the political left in this country. I do not buy the “he is just a comedian” defense of what Letterman said, because he hides behind the veil of comedy to attack a fine woman and her young daughter, for no other reason then he disagrees with her political views.

Since the above link is from the Politico, you did not get the full story of how disgusting Letterman was, look at the video here. Sarah Palin was with her 13 or 14 year old daughter Willow, who was born in 1995, so Letterman is making a joke about the rape of a young girl. Whatever happened to the "Chelsea Clinton Rule", I guess it does not apply to the children of republicans.

I’m waiting for the liberals to defend Letterman’s disgusting joke, and help solidify my opinion of liberals, as mean spirited, vindictive, small-minded and hypocritical, partisan hacks.
did you even watch the video before you overdosed on the Kool-Aid?

you know, this raving hysteria if anything to do with Sarah P is impugned is really kind of scary. the RW thought-controllers really do have great power over you all. this is a very good example.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
did you even watch the video before you overdosed on the Kool-Aid?

you know, this raving hysteria if anything to do with Sarah P is impugned is really kind of scary. the RW thought-controllers really do have great power over you all. this is a very good example.
If anything, it's an example of your seeming callousness.

The man insulted an underage girl to get a cheap laugh. Think about that.

I'm disappointed in you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies