Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Different people have different ideas of what's funny. Some people are just overly sensitive and find jokes offensive, disgusting, tasteless, and blatantly sickening that others find funny or at least realize were an attempt at humor and not necessarily mean spirited.

People also look for different things in humor than others. Some people find humor in making light of very serious things. I'm gay, and I love gay jokes. My of my best friends has HIV - he tells a joke I find hilarious:

Q: What's the miracle of AIDS?
A: It turns fruits into vegetables.

Some people might find that as a disgusting, offensive, tasteless, sickening attack. Those people are overly sensitive and don't understand humor.

Yes that is a funny joke and it comes off as joke but everyone is well aware of Letterman's hatred for Palin and used her child for more sting. I believe children are on the do not attack list. I cannot stomach hussein obama but as far as I am concerned anyone that would go after his children would also be way out of line.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,235 times
Letterman is an old broken down, balding, ugly, unfunny codger. Gosh, wouldn't it be funny if one of his house boys rape his ugly little son! Oh, what a laugh riot!!! Maybe the little tike will get aids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh. You libs are right! A joke is just a joke!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Which girl is 14? Please post a link to Letterman naming a girl in the joke.
There was only one daughter with Sarah at the game, but does it really matter? Palin has three daughters, one is 18 and the others are minors, but even then, it is a low class jerk, who jokes about a ballplayer impregnating Palin's daughter, since he has only a 30% chance of getting the 18 year old daughter. Letterman did not specify, because he hates the entire Palin family for purely political reasons, and I doubt you will hear an apology out of him any time soon.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
If you are a so-called celebrity, politician or public figure, you can expect Lettermen to ridicule you to the nth degree. Those who want the spotlight, get it.

(I think flight attendants should be insulted by his comments, not Palin)

What I don't get, is to get tickets, "The minimum age to attend the show is 18 years old.", so what parent would bring a child there in the first place.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:18 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Letterman is an old broken down, balding, ugly, unfunny codger. Gosh, wouldn't it be funny if one of his house boys rape his ugly little son! Oh, what a laugh riot!!! Maybe the little tike will get aids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh. You libs are right! A joke is just a joke!
What makes you think all libs or all ~any group~ is in 100% agreement about anything? Least of all off color jokes.

Don't play that here. Use some intelligence please.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,912,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
... ballplayer impregnating Palin's daughter, since he has only a 30% chance of getting the 18 year old daughter.
WTF?!?

The majority of the American people don't know that Wailin' went to a ballgame, let alone which one of her five children she took to the game. Historically, she has taken all of her daughters on trips and has charged the State of Alaska for that privilege. I repeat, it was the Right who named Willow, not Letterman. Good job of placing the poor girl in the position she is in, neocons.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He didnt specify any daughter, and the joke wouldnt be a joke if he had!

Dont you understand that?!

Im glad to see however that you admit the joke isnt about RAPING anyone. Going to fix the two LIES in your nutty thread title now?
I see, so any old daughter is fine, because she has Sarah Palin for a mother.

No, the thread title stands, its my opinion that a grown man having sex with a 13 or 14 year old girl is rape, there may even be a few laws that agree with me.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times
Quote:
I'd like to ask that you change your thread title.
I'd agree, although in the big scheme of things it only shows how stupid and desperate the right have become.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:22 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:

Are they trying to direct attention away from the Holocaust Museum shootings?
Uh what? me thinks you might want to rethink that one.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:23 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,912,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No, the thread title stands, its my opinion that a grown man having sex with a 13 or 14 year old girl is rape, there may even be a few laws that agree with me.
The thread title is a LIE!! Letterman never named Willow. YOU did! YOU are responsible for the bad press Willow Palin is getting because YOU said Alex Rodriquez raped her.

The thread title should read,

WAPASHA SAYS ALEX RODRIQUEZ RAPED WILLOW PALIN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.