Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What election did he win? What year?
I was waiting for you to show up (THE #1 FOX News fan).
So, is Shep a criminal?
Does FOX News have criminals on the payroll?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
But Limbaugh is just a public figure not running for office. The libs cant keep his name out of their mouth.
Miborn posted about an incident a decade ago involving Shep Smith. She posted it separately and she posted it on this thread. Apparently to suggest that Mr Smith is lacking in character and integrity. The only reason to post such information on this thread is to discredit his comments about the frightening aspect of some of the correspondence he has been receiving. When it was pointed out that whatever his actions were in the incident in 2000, they really aren't relevant to the current issue, miborn interjected that the commentary on McCain during the campaign were also not an issue. That's not true. Mr McCain was trying to persuade an electorate that he was the best person for probably the most important job in the world. His character, his record, his talents and abilities were all offered for scrutiny in this process. Mr Smith is not trying to persuade anyone of anything, nor is he aspiring to a position of power. Mr Smith has simply expressed a discomfort with some of the statements that are being made by correspondents to him. Mr Limbaugh is neither running for office (at least not openly), nor has he expressed anything regarding the email and letters he receives. So, once again, the criticisms leveled at Mr Limbaugh are irrelevant to the OP.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Wink google it

Quote:
"Them Jews ain't going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office,"

Old 06-11-2009, 03:28 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I think you posted this on the wrong thread?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Your point?

Ken

Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He's not towing the line. Many who watch Fox News watch it because they believe it's a safe harbor where they can have their pro-conservative, pro-Republican opinions reinforced. They don't want to hear any challenges to their beliefs.
I haven't seen an Anti-Alan Colmes on any other Network. I haven't seen an anti-Shepard Smith on any other network. I haven't seen an anti-Juan Williams.....

If Fox News is so bad, which they may be leaning right, why aren't you yelling at the networks that don't have any conservatives? Why aren't there pundits from both sides on MSNBC?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 PM

195 posts, read 127,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I haven't seen an Anti-Alan Colmes on any other Network. I haven't seen an anti-Shepard Smith on any other network. I haven't seen an anti-Juan Williams.....

If Fox News is so bad, which they may be leaning right, why aren't you yelling at the networks that don't have any conservatives? Why aren't there pundits from both sides on MSNBC?
You don't call Morning Joe (Scarbourough) on MSNBC a Right Winger?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
You don't call Morning Joe (Scarbourough) on MSNBC a Right Winger?
Or Pat Buchanan?

Though admittedly Pat doesn't have his own show the way Joe does - he's just a contributing commentator.

Ken

Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
I bet if you ask any person on the news now if their email had turned disturbing lately they would all say---YES. Seems to be disturbing times with the crazy economy, wars, bailouts, etc, etc, etc. People are venting but should they be shut down or allowed to vent? We all have free speech unless we try to verbally threaten the president physically, that goes beyond free speech and is a criminal offense.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post

Hmm. Defensive.

I never said Fox News is "bad". All I said is that many who watch Fox News watch it to have their own opinions reinforced. They feel like it's a safe harbor. Smith has shown that he has his own strong opinions about certain stories. This upsets people. I don't know if the rumors about his sexual orientation add fuel to the fire, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies