Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:46 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Are you kidding me? That's s.o.p for the leftisits on this board, just look at almost every post started by one. I can't name names, as I'll be suspended, but you're crazy dude, if you think we're the ones trying to stifle dissent.
Please, the GOP ARE the PC police, reporting any post that hurts their precious feelings and ideology. They can dish out the hate, prejudice and advocacy of violence, but once faced with their own words backwards thinking they cry like children. Yourself included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:48 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If the bible beaters are going to have a plate then its only fair that athiests have a plate, that muslims have a plate. The fact that isn't even on the table, is in essence pushing their religion in all of our faces.

I am sick and tired of the christian right who think the sun shines out of their backside.

As I said, if it goes through at least it will label the people I most want to stay away from.
And by having a license plate proclaiming Jesus as Lord and Savior we think the sun shines out of our backsides? Um, okay. But seriously, grow a little thicker skin. The whole world isn't always gonna agree with you about everything.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:52 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Please, the GOP ARE the PC police, reporting any post that hurts their precious feelings and ideology. They can dish out the hate, prejudice and advocacy of violence, but once faced with their own words backwards thinking they cry like children. Yourself included.
Okay, did I just enter bizarro world? Political correctness is the very definition of liberal groupthink. here's an easy test;

Gay marriage is pc: leftists for it. Cons against it

Abortion is pc: leftists for it. Cons against it

Global Warming is pc: leftists for it. Cons against it.

Afirmative Action is pc: leftists for it. Cons against it.

Tax the rich is pc: leftists for it. Cons against it.

These are but a few examples of political correctness. Can you give me one example of something that's pc that we support and you're against? Just one?

Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Go for it. On a side note; Prius aka The Smugmobile. lol
"Prius" is shorthand for "Priapus".

Those who drive them have no need to overcompensate for other shortcomings.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:24 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Go for it. On a side note; Prius aka The Smugmobile. lol
On a side note check your sarcasm meter, it's not working.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:29 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh God.

Pardon the pun.
I recently bought a new tag down here in good old Florida. I wan't paying attention. They just gave me the "standard" tag. Nothing fancy. Just the green letters and numbers on white backgroung I THOUGHT. However, when I put it on my car, I noticed that under the numbers, in greed letters is says, "In God We Trust"! I didn't ASK for that. And actually, I'm kinda more Buddhist.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hardy har har.

I think it's unfortunate because I don't think the state should be in the business of profiting from religion or sponsoring religious beliefs. There's so many other ways to design specialty plates. It looks to me like they are promoting religion.
I agree. And I totally am opposed to that. Nobody asked me if I wanted a license plate with a Buddha on it!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,904 times
Quote:
Well, except no such issue exists. Tell a lie long enough and it becomes the truth.
This is straight from Wikipedia. The links should help educate you on our constitution.

The separation of church and state is a legal and political principle derived from the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, which reads, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ." The phrase "separation of church and state" is generally traced to an 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists, where Jefferson spoke of the combined effect of the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment. It has since been quoted in several opinions handed down by the United States Supreme Court.[1]

Old 06-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Florida, by far has more specialty license plates then any other state in the country; 130 to be exact. They range from subjects as diverse as organ donating, to manatee saving, to Nascar, to agricultural farming. Do you believe that the state of Florida is promoting all of these things as well?

Photos: Florida specialty license plates -- OrlandoSentinel.com
Yeah, but........when they give you just the "standard issue" license plate that has "In God We Trust" written on it in green letters.......well, THAT is promoting a religion. And it's not my religion.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcpunk View Post
jesus plate up front, truck nutz in the back = white trash automobile heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies