Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:49 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
So Trish, was, essentially fired for stupidity.

Which may not be PC...but jeeze, wouldn't the world be better place?

re: the world. This girl Trish sometimes said things with a hot temper. But it really boils down to what companies can do---or not do. They can basically crucify whomsoever they choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 07:54 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
She's a manager who violated company policy. It sound like the worker had issues, but the manager pulled the wrong card in threatening her with violence. The worker may have deserved consequences, but the bottom line is that the manager crossed the line and lost the game.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
It's unfortunate that the world works this way. But like HiF stated, there are probably very clear guidelines for professional behavior in businesses like that.

My question is whether or not Trish was aware of them, if she was supervisor. My guess is that no one in that office has received sufficient training in how to behave towards others.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
I'm currently working with some "lady" who once screamed at me that she was going to "make my life a f---ing misery." I sent a memo to the boss, but he did absolutely nothing. She's a real brownnose, dumb as a bag of hammers, too. She's a type I've encountered before.

The manager...it was right to can her. Nobody should have to listen to that kind of abuse.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Agreed with most. Still seems like some damage control. (too little, too late) in some sense made me think of it as people were talking on the news about the Imus issue.

sunny

Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Uhm, hire some Six Sigma Black Belts to look into the situation.

Then tank the whole opperation and off-shore to India.

The stockholders will rally at such a win-win and the BOD will vote for a 120% salary increase , plus a bonus and some stock options, for the CEO.

Cha-ching.

What's my prize?

Your prize? Start packing! You're going to India with them

Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 PM

500 posts, read 2,859,732 times
When you mentioned in the original post that one was black and the other was white, I thought the story about these two working women would be about race. But since this plays no part in the story, why would you mention the women's skin color?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
When you mentioned in the original post that one was black and the other was white, I thought the story about these two working women would be about race. But since this plays no part in the story, why would you mention the women's skin color?
Good question. I was thinking the same thing.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Good question. I was thinking the same thing.
Because it's relevant.

Be honest. Whenever you see an issue between a white person and a black person, no matter the issue, you have to wonder if either one of them did anything based on racial differences.

You would get that if you were an eyewitness.

So I commend Sunny for her level of detail. Do I think it had anything to do with the price of a "bag of hammers"? no, lol. It's still ALWAYS relevant though.

The question now is, did the manager speak to the employee that way because she was black, or did the employee call the cops because the manager was white? People "think" in mysterious ways, I wouldn't rule out either one. I'd like to think no, on both sides, but only those two know the truth.

~T

Old 04-13-2007, 12:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
One of my older x supervisors who is white screamed, yelled, slammed things down on the desk, name called all while addressing you, skipped off work for appointments, illness etc without filing the paperwork. Management did absolutely nothing even though they were well aware of her actions. Her co worker was of mixed race and her boss was black. Why do you think disciplinary action was never taken? It wasn't because of color, it was because of her age!
I would have liked a little more information in the OPs story. I think the B/W thing did have some bearing, but I don't think we got the whole story. There seemed to be more to it than what we were given to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies