Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:15 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
My prediction - once MSNBS cuts her loose, she'll go moderate/conservative at a Fox-like company and regain her success with an audience who will support her.
She'll go moderate/conservative?
I'd argue she is a moderate.

Little chance she'll ever go conservative, though.
She'd have to do a lot of un-learning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:26 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
I never understood why conservatives are proud of television (fox) accomplishments? If anything it just shows that these mystics and right-wing loons don't read enough!
Maybe Maddow should take your advice too.

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...dow-moron.html

Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
She'll go moderate/conservative?
I'd argue she is a moderate.

Little chance she'll ever go conservative, though.
She'd have to do a lot of un-learning.

I'd argue she is liberal, but either way, she won't stay with an audience that tanked her so badly so quickly.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:39 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,400 times
Maddow is a flake...

Old 06-11-2009, 01:43 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times
Quote:
I'd argue she is liberal, but either way, she won't stay with an audience that tanked her so badly so quickly.
O'Reilly lost 30% of his audience over the same time period.

I didn't check others, but I would guess (only a guess) that a 30% drop is due largely to the increased attention during the election campaign subsiding.

I would want to know how her drop in ratings compares to other commentators.

The OP presents things in a way that suggests her ratings loss is unusual.
Is it?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
I never understood why conservatives are proud of television (fox) accomplishments? If anything it just shows that these mystics and right-wing loons don't read enough!
Oh, gosh. You must be so much smarter than us dullard conservatives who never read.

Pls share what you read. It must be really intellectually honest! Right? So, I like Obama-God like to read. I'll put down My Pet Goat for a minute.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:58 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,613 times
Quote:
I must admit, I am part of the Op's 65%. I saw her early on and thought she had potential, then decided she was spending too much time with Olbermann.

My prediction - once MSNBS cuts her loose, she'll go moderate/conservative at a Fox-like company and regain her success with an audience who will support her.
Well that is an interesting take. I think her future is in SF local radio.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
That can't be right! How can you have negitive viewers?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Continuing in our series of cable news show ratings decline sagas, which has included the ratings woes this year for MSNBC’sCountdown with Keith Olbermann, as well as the declines for CNN’s AC360."

"When it premiered last October, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show was a big improvement over what MSNBC previously had in their 9pm hour. Sadly for MSNBC, the show has lost almost 65% of its adults 25-54 demo (targeted by cable news networks) since its premiere month."

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Show Adults 25-54 Nielsen TV Ratings Fall Nearly 65% From Premiere Month

As self-appointed know-it-all Rachel Maddow haplessly descends into the cold black abyss of her own ever darkening ratings demise, How long will it be until the lights finally and permanently go out at the Rachel Maddow show? What hope is left for the new-smart and "you just don't get it" crowd who so completely depend on her smug demeanor and pseudo-intellectual rantings to inspire their own crass, thoughtless condescension? Are the rest of us capable turning off NASCAR long enough to even try to understand?
A more in-depth article on the topic:

May Ratings Mayhem! Fox News Tops; MSNBC Beats CNN; Cooper, Olbermann Down; HLN Way Up

Old 06-11-2009, 08:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
When Obama was interviewed by Brian Williams for the two-part special, "Inside the White House", he exactly expressed my feelings. All of these opionators on the right or left have their own agendas. They all know what the other person is going to say. Obama actually used Keith Olbermann and Pat Buchanan as examples. I don't listen to any of them any more. I'm a left leaning dem, and I don't need any of these "canned" shows to tell me what to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies