Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany_ga View Post
If I found out that the president was using this site I would switch to another one.
Probably not the POTUS, but his friends in the New Back Panther thingy are probably going to join in at some time and show us pictures of billy clubs....and give great ebonic-centric talking points.

Now, I axe you...won't that be fun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 01:25 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
I really don't care who is behind the username.
OK, he/she is somebody famous. Big deal.
If I disagree with what they say, I may just ignore them, or I may say what I think.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:31 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I've love it if Obama read C-D. I'd love for him to hear first hand what a big fraud and liar many think he is.

I do know for FACT that several campaign workers for both parties were present on CD and do still post here.

That is a fact, there are several here, most of us know who they are and discount their posts. Pure political rhetoric and trying to make us all believers.

There are several that post on other forums with the exact same titles and words.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:35 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
That is a fact, there are several here, most of us know who they are and discount their posts. Pure political rhetoric and trying to make us all believers.

There are several that post on other forums with the exact same titles and words.
Who? Who? Tell us who.

Not surprising really. It's a given that gubmint agents monitor all forums that deal with controversial subject matter. I mean, why not? Our phone calls and emails are monitored. Why not forums as well? <shrug>

Old 05-08-2010, 03:53 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,591 times
I would expect it, are you telling me they don’t read CD? Now my day is really shot LOL.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:28 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
While reading another thread, a particular post struck me funny and left me with this idea in mind. How would you react to finding out that user who really annoys you was one of your state representatives? Or if you found out that user you have so very much in common with was actually our president? I mean, I know it seems chances are slim that these people could ever find the time to visit our site. But CD is a large forum, and a lot of people pass through our forums. I would think at the very least there is a good possibility someone from PR could be on the forums, spreading the good word about our leaders. Or perhaps SS surfing around looking for any possible threats directed at our president or other government officials. Either way, I just thought it was a funny question to ponder and thus, I posted it for you to comment on as well. I know your answers will be just as amusing as the concept.

PS. No, I do not have any knowledge that our president is really Stayathomemom or ChicagoGuy(made up usernames). It is just a theoretical question. I promise, this is not a conspiracy. Besides, I think the perfect screen name for the president would be POTUS, don't you?
Straight membership earnestly trying to keep in touch with constituency... I'd empathize with them all the more. We the People are all too often irrational, have warped expectations and little knowledge of due process or protocol. People are forever screaming at the dog catcher over a pot hole because they don't want to invest the time to learn.

More likely blogosphere is being used to harvest talking points, some for good, some for nefarious purpose.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
what a good OP, i think congress needs to look at CDF to see how we feel, which is btw, pretty divided on many issues. some of us here would like to narrow that gap if it can be done w/o breaking or advocating the breaking moral law and penal codes. i will say this pretty sure employers inc government use this site for hiring purposes. not hard to figure out your email and work back.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:28 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
While reading another thread, a particular post struck me funny and left me with this idea in mind. How would you react to finding out that user who really annoys you was one of your state representatives? Or if you found out that user you have so very much in common with was actually our president? I mean, I know it seems chances are slim that these people could ever find the time to visit our site. But CD is a large forum, and a lot of people pass through our forums. I would think at the very least there is a good possibility someone from PR could be on the forums, spreading the good word about our leaders. Or perhaps SS surfing around looking for any possible threats directed at our president or other government officials. Either way, I just thought it was a funny question to ponder and thus, I posted it for you to comment on as well. I know your answers will be just as amusing as the concept.

PS. No, I do not have any knowledge that our president is really Stayathomemom or ChicagoGuy(made up usernames). It is just a theoretical question. I promise, this is not a conspiracy. Besides, I think the perfect screen name for the president would be POTUS, don't you?
I sometimes wonder if employees or aides of our elected officials are posting on CD as part of a PR campaign or to stir up controversy regarding their opponents.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
what a good OP, i think congress needs to look at CDF to see how we feel, which is btw, pretty divided on many issues. some of us here would like to narrow that gap if it can be done w/o breaking or advocating the breaking moral law and penal codes. i will say this pretty sure employers inc government use this site for hiring purposes. not hard to figure out your email and work back.
They dont care how we feel. I know someone here that indeed does work for a rep, and they non stop call other posters "stupid" all the time..

Old 05-08-2010, 07:40 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
My first thought would be: "Don't you have better things to do than to surf the Web?"

I don't, but I don't have a high-profile job. Now, I can see perhaps them having staffers surf this site, but not anything more personal than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies