Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 AM

297 posts, read 349,036 times

Advertisements

I agree with unidentified male. Who Cares what a beauty queen thinks? It's not like they are where they are because of their intelligence.

I do find it hilarious that the usual right wing loons all have their panties in a bunch over the issue. They can't even choose their battle wisely anymore.

Although Prejean is well positioned to be a spokesmodel for the anti-gay hatemongers: She is a blank slate and will fit in beautifully with the other mindless drones in the radical right wing extremism movement, she and all other beauty contest winner's opinions are completely irrelevant in the real world.

Most intelligent people are apt to consider the source before taking anything they say seriously:

YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Nobody cares about this crap.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
I agree with unidentified male. Who Cares what a beauty queen thinks? It's not like they are where they are because of their intelligence.

I do find it hilarious that the usual right wing loons all have their panties in a bunch over the issue. They can't even choose their battle wisely anymore.

Although Prejean is well positioned to be a spokesmodel for the anti-gay hatemongers: She is a blank slate and will fit in beautifully with the other mindless drones in the radical right wing extremism movement, she and all other beauty contest winner's opinions are completely irrelevant in the real world.

Most intelligent people are apt to consider the source before taking anything they say seriously:

YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question

Funny you call someone else a hatemonger then go on to spew a paragraph worth of hate yourself.

You should look in Webster's to see what that is called.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:51 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
I'm not sure how many times people need to hear that she WAS NOT fired for her comments about gay marriage, she was fired for not following her contract/obligations, as several news reports and an email exchanged (posted here twice) shows. the fact that the new Miss CA holds the EXACT same view yet isn't being blasted should be another proof that it wasn't the comment (though the new Miss CA still managed to voice her opinion in a better way). I know people want so much to believe that she was ousted by gay militants, but DT ousted her AFTER sticking up for her publicly. she had a second chance and she blew it. how chances does this girl need? she had an opportunity many girls fight for and got a personal, public pardon from DT and still managed to blow it. plus, her emails show her to be a bit of a brat (look how she talks down to a man that basically "hired" her and pushed to get her own way. never mind the silly use of "internet speak")

and trust me, very few people, gay or straight, give a fig about Perez Hilton. the guy is a DB in the purest sense of the word. and Keith L, going strictly by the emails, upheld himself to high standards and continued to communicate w/ her rationally even w/ her silly demands

I for one look forward to the day silly pageant winners don't dominate the news and just fade into the background after winning the crown like they've always had

Old 06-12-2009, 09:34 PM

109 posts, read 249,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
It's all good, gays want marriage, well so do couples........
My friend is dating six women and wants to marry
they all. **** why not! If gays get their rights then
it's an open marriage invitation!
You hit the nail on the head with that statment. What would be wrong with that? I would have no problem with that. A little strang but I hame sure the benefits would be a man's dream!! Just think it would do to the population.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:41 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody cares. That isn't the reason the first Miss CA got the boot anyway.
Then why did she get the boot? Was anyone talking about booting her before she answered that question? The answer to that question is NO. People were NOT talking about taking her title before she answered that question

Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
"...And I think that the right thing to do is let the voters decide."

Civil rights should NEVER be out up for a vote. Period.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:25 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama has the same views that marriage should not be open to gays.
That's not what he said. He said he personally believes marriage is between a man and a woman, but that each state should decide the issue on its own.

Was this an honest mistake on your part, or were you attempting to twist the truth to match your own personal beliefs?

(I'll be surprised if I get a response from dcsldcd.)

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 06-13-2009 at 02:00 AM..

Old 06-13-2009, 01:55 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
I agree, who cares except obsessed straight people!

Old 06-13-2009, 05:11 AM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Then why did she get the boot? Was anyone talking about booting her before she answered that question? The answer to that question is NO. People were NOT talking about taking her title before she answered that question
Beauty queens don't get paid for their minds, but Who Don't Know That, eh?

Sarah Louise is another typical BQ with nothing to say once you scrape off the War Paint.

Here's a little background music with some good advice for the contestants in these pageants. Carrie should pay attention if she wants to keep her next job.

YouTube - Sheena Easton - Strut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies