Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times

Advertisements

[quote=Who?Me?!;9256889]As another poster pointed out:
(paraphrasing)
But, seriously folks, do you really consider this whining cry baby for anything other position than Avon lady???? (my apology to Avon ladies who HAVE brains and a backbone)
quote]

HA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
He also did not say that it wasn't Willow until after the flap started. So who is to say what he really meant?
Uh...he is?

Your statement indicates that it didnt dawn on him that anyone would possibly think he DID mean Willow.

The idea of Willow wouldnt be a joke. The idea of Bristol would be a joke (a lame one I know, but the only possible one). Can you understand that?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Ohhh...wow to me it is the same. Both didn't exploide their kids..Both have been on stage with their kids...both should be off limits!
You're agreeing with Obama, good for you

Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Attaacking children and supporting the attacks on is not a stretch for liberals considering they are the great supproters of third trimester abortions.

Palin is a thorn in Letterman's side because she is beautiful and he has to go home and look at the woman he married that he hid from everyone for years.
Sorry...NOT! Not everyone think that Palin is good looking. I always thought that she looked like a witch with a jaw that reminds me of a Nazi prison matron and what's up with the crooked mouth? Her voice is like chalk on a blackboard and her attention seeking is very obvious. That wink has got to go too. If she weren't so damn wacko and greedy, I would not be mentioning those other obnoxious and annoying things about her. BTW, I'm fairly sure that Letterman has come across truly beautiful women considering his show biz profession.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wonder why the open letter-writer's first attribute s/he gives to Palin, in trying to counter the "upgrading her slutty flight attendant look" joke, is that she is "tall."

"a tall, beautiful and dynamic public figure"

besides completely missing the point - Letterman was talking about her chosen look. Not Letterman's fault if a "married 45-year-old mother, grandmother and Alaska governor" wants to look like a slutty flight attendant.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Uh...he is?

Your statement indicates that it didnt dawn on him that anyone would possibly think he DID mean Willow.

The idea of Willow wouldnt be a joke. The idea of Bristol would be a joke (a lame one I know, but the only possible one). Can you understand that?
As stated before, "he is" after the fact. Didn't dawn on him? He makes his living ripping people for this type of statement that "didn't dawn on him". If he meant Willow, how hard would it have been to say her name?

Is it possible for you to admit that you truly don't know what he meant, based on his initial statement?

Lame joke? Certainly, possibly libelous. Is he funny? Matter of personal perspective.

Are you being unbiased? No.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Did you even hear what David Letterman said? It was Letterman that made a direct sexual joke about a 14 yr old! It was HIS sick mind. As a parent Palin has every right to call him on it and we as parents have every right to call him on it and keep the pressure on. Children are being devalued more and more every day because of liberals!
Probably it was a joke writers "sick mind" not Mr Lettermans. And if you want people to stop talking about your kids, either positively or negitively, it's probably best not to go on national tv and say so.

Your idea of "liberals' is askewed.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:25 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
I wonder why the open letter-writer's first attribute s/he gives to Palin, in trying to counter the "upgrading her slutty flight attendant look" joke, is that she is "tall."

"a tall, beautiful and dynamic public figure"

besides completely missing the point - Letterman was talking about her chosen look. Not Letterman's fault if a "married 45-year-old mother, grandmother and Alaska governor" wants to look like a slutty flight attendant.
No, it is his opinion. He is entitled to it, doesn't make it true to everyone else.

For instance, in my opinion, your posts here are silly. So what? Just my opinion.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Frankly, now that the liberal freaks have demonstrated their hypocrisy once again, conservatives should start targeting Obama's children with similar comments. Like how Michele likes to "ho" out her children when daddy is away for some extra spending cash. Then conservatives can dismiss the liberal freaks objections and claim Obama's children are fair game because they appeared on TV. Give the liberal freaks a taste of their own hypocrisy for a change.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:00 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Uh...he is?

Can YOU understand that is was Sarah and Willow in town for the event! The writers wrote the "joke" as someone on the View stated they have fact checkers. Everyone Knew it was Willow in town with mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies