Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 12:15 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Hmmm, you whined and complained NON STOP when Bush was in office, and now you whine and complain anytime someone posts something negative about Obama. Sickening and transparent.
Wow delusianne I didn't know you or CD's political forum were around for 8 years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 12:36 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I find Matt Lauer to be offensive sometimes and I wonder how he would feel if his kids were attacked by Letterman ? I think the Palins are owed an apology from Letterman and CBS . I dont care what you say about me but dont touch my kids is my motto and should be everyones . Palin is a joke ? No Obama is a joke . I wonder how all of you who say that Palin is a joke if these things were said about Obamas kids . Nope Letterman there are some things that are off limits and attacking peoples children is one of them . No Ms Palin was not out of line she was a righteous right on mom . Kuddos to you Sarah Palin .
I agree, Matt Lauer is a metrosexual d bag. Of course he would take Lettermans side since they are in the Democrats pocket. Lauer is following the same path as that crackhead Tina Fey and the bucktoothed loser Letterman to extra love from the left.

Have no talent, but make fun of someone that the left fears and we will give you love

Old 06-13-2009, 01:18 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
I agree, Matt Lauer is a metrosexual d bag. Of course he would take Lettermans side since they are in the Democrats pocket. Lauer is following the same path as that crackhead Tina Fey and the bucktoothed loser Letterman to extra love from the left.

Have no talent, but make fun of someone that the left fears and we will give you love
Yet, You Betcha' Sarah was hobnobbing with Baldwin and Tina Fey on SNL.

She loves every bit of attention she gets, negative or positive.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:36 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,276 times
Quote:
The Obama family has not exploited their children as has the Palin family.
The difference between the two families (the parents of each family being of similar age and socioeconomic status) is profound.
While I'm sure the Obamas and the Palins both love their children equally, the Obamas have, in my opinion, a much more appropriate demeanor and attitude when it comes to being parents. They're just so much more moderate, reserved, mature, and dignified.

Of course, who knows how any of the kids, of either family, will turn out.
Like it or not, every one of them is growing up in the national spotlight, and that can sometimes mess things up for a kid, even with the best parenting.

But on the whole, I'd rather have the Obamas for my parents than the Palins (although I might rather party with the Palins. )
The Obamas' parenting style seems to be about their children, while Sarah Palin's parenting style seems to be about Sarah Palin.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:53 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Palin really said as it is on the today show this morning in an interview with Matt Lauer!

She also mentioned the double standard and how Obama before he was the president told the media that family was off limits for jokes or anything and how this was obayed by Liberals and Rep. to Liberals, but not in case of Rep. woman. You go girl, Palin showed how she can handle her self and I hope Letterman's ratings will drop so he will find out what he really did.

Where is the out cry for him being fired...like with Imus...well Rep. are different we just want the ratings to take care of it!
You live in a fantasy land if you think David Letterman is going anywhere.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:56 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If she is a joke, then we would not hear such persola attacks on her kids. Spomeone , somewhere is scared of this woman and her views.
It's called comedy, get a life.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:13 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Palin really said as it is on the today show this morning in an interview with Matt Lauer!

She also mentioned the double standard and how Obama before he was the president told the media that family was off limits for jokes or anything and how this was obayed by Liberals and Rep. to Liberals, but not in case of Rep. woman. You go girl, Palin showed how she can handle her self and I hope Letterman's ratings will drop so he will find out what he really did.

Where is the out cry for him being fired...like with Imus...well Rep. are different we just want the ratings to take care of it!
Your posts shows how clueless you are about what really went on.

YouTube - Letterman - Dave Discusses Sarah Palin
Lettermans jokes never mentioned the 14 year Willow (I have a cat named that), its clear he was talking about Bristol who is 18 years old and after all got knocked up right under her Mother's nose.

AND I want to know what Obama's policy has to do with what Letterman says. Are you really under the impression that if Obama says something like leave the families out of it that the comics are bound by the same thing? What are you?? 5 years old??

Letterman isn't going anywhere, get used to it.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Your posts shows how clueless you are about what really went on.

YouTube - Letterman - Dave Discusses Sarah Palin
Lettermans jokes never mentioned the 14 year Willow (I have a cat named that), its clear he was talking about Bristol who is 18 years old and after all got knocked up right under her Mother's nose.

AND I want to know what Obama's policy has to do with what Letterman says. Are you really under the impression that if Obama says something like leave the families out of it that the comics are bound by the same thing? What are you?? 5 years old??

Letterman isn't going anywhere, get used to it.
Great post.

It doesn't take much to realize that Dave was referencing the girl who got knocked up. The daughter of a woman who had such narrow minded world views in regards to abstinence.

The GOP is just ridiculous. Always outraged over something, sooooooo offended. Please, just give it a rest. In case you haven't noticed, it's not working!

Old 06-13-2009, 02:39 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
No one can discuss Ms. Palin without observing that she IS the joke.
Turns out, self-described feminists who don't stand up for Palin are the big joke.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:42 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's called comedy, get a life.
He has the right to joke about anything he wants to. And I have the right to say that he apparently has been repeatedly orally sodomized, evidenced by the gap in the teeth and the spewing from his mouth. Oh, and his son, Harry Joseph, also. Isn't that hiiiiiiiilllllarious?

Last edited by irishvanguard; 06-13-2009 at 02:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies