Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 04:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Yes there were shopping New Hampshire, do they have a home there? Don't think so.

Maybe there are all these pictures of them because they were taking vacations at various places across the country.

Before you go and criticize Palin and having her kids you might want to make sure your guy didn't do the same thing.

Just for the road here is one of them in Iowa, guess they were just there for the corn
It was summer. Chicago is not on year-round schools that I know of.

And I guess you missed this post of mine, this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I actually said, during the campaign, that she would be d***** if she did and d***** if she didn't regarding her kids, and that therefore she should do whatever she (and they in the case of the older ones) wanted to do. You can look up my posts if you don't believe me. I will say, she made some choices I would not have made.

I also think that women candidates get more attention paid to their looks, their clothes, and their parenting than men do. This is bi-partisan. Many "liberal" women jouralists defended her clothe shopping. Slate magazine had an excellent article about this at the time.
"She" refers to Sarah Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 04:12 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Quote:
It was summer. Chicago is not on year-round schools that I know of.

And I guess you missed this post of mine, this morning:

Im responding to the comment about Palin bringing her kids on the campagin trial when Obama did the same thing. They could have been out of school, that doesn't mean they weren't on the campaign trail with him as is pretty obvious.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:14 PM

And I said Sarah was d'ed if she did, and d'ed if she didn't. Same for Obama.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
And I said Sarah was d'ed if she did, and d'ed if she didn't. Same for Obama.

Thats fine, if they want their kids with them who am I to judge. I just want to inform those who seem to have a double standard when it comes to that issue.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM

You might be interested in these links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/26/us...cs/26kids.html

Children on the Campaign Trail

Kids on the Campaign Trail - ABC News

BTW, I am not the one who was complaining about Palin's kids.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
You might be interested in these links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/26/us...cs/26kids.html

Children on the Campaign Trail

Kids on the Campaign Trail - ABC News

BTW, I am not the one who was complaining about Palin's kids.
I'm not saying you were, there was a post that mentioned it so I brought up President Obama's children. Though I HATE talking about their kids as I feel they should be left alone to grow up with some sense of normalcy.

As far as kids on the trail, I think it would be a cool experience for them. Not many get to take part in the political process like that and it would be a first hand experience for them. That's my opinion though.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So she had media access...she didn't need to use it....it could've ended quietly but SARA PALIN uses her kids shamelessly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, it could have never started if a scumbag liberal like Letterman had had the common decency to have not attacked the kids. Who is at fault here? Hint: not the one who was attacked.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
My belief is that she would perform human sacrifice on live international TV if she thought it would help her get elected to something.

Using her kids to draw fire and create attention is kind of crappy, though, if you really want my opinion. As a mother, she should be more considerate than that.
Well, if it is your belief, it must be the absolute truth; you are never wrong about anything (in your own mind).

As I stated in a previous post, remember that her kids were attacked by Letterman, for no reason other than his being a scumbag liberal who makes "jokes" that are in such poor taste. Now you attack her for defending her kids. What a family guy you are!

Or is it only Republicans and their kids who are fair game while Democrats' kids can never be touched?

Old 06-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post

Right...you get to be Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee by being a
vapid twit.
Apparantly

Old 06-14-2009, 06:58 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Well, if it is your belief, it must be the absolute truth; you are never wrong about anything (in your own mind).

As I stated in a previous post, remember that her kids were attacked by Letterman, for no reason other than his being a scumbag liberal who makes "jokes" that are in such poor taste. Now you attack her for defending her kids. What a family guy you are!

Or is it only Republicans and their kids who are fair game while Democrats' kids can never be touched?
The Obamas kept their children in school during the campaign.

The Palin children were marched onstage at every opportunity to be used as human billboards when in fact they had nothing whatever to do with the campaign and shouldn't have been there during the week skipping school.

I'm not defending Letterman, any more than I would defend Rush Limbaugh for attacking Chelsea Clinton. I really don't see a lot of difference. Off color is off color and attacking a child is out of bounds. It is not a democrat/republican thing as you seem to want to make it.

That said, if Sarah wanted privacy she should have practiced a lot more discretion in the way her children were handled. Putting them out front is asking for commentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies