Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 06:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMartinsen View Post
In contrast, imagine what would have happened if Rush Limbaugh had made a joke about raping Barack Obama's daughters. There's indeed a massive double standard.
Most of us aren't into fantasy. It didn't happen, so we don't know what the response would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 08:06 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,288,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL!!!! especially the last sentence!
Yup, Chelsea certainly got the last laugh on Gramps!!!

If Palin had any class or brains at all THAT is how she should've handled it instead of USING her daughters to get attention......

You just seem to ignore facts don't you. I mean pictures of the Obama girls at rallies don't convince you.

Last edited by fauve; 06-14-2009 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 06-14-2009, 08:12 PM

This has nothing to do with Palin taking her kids on the camaign with her! You can post 500 pictures of the Obama kids on the campaign with their dad and it still doesn't have anything to do with this situation.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This has nothing to do with Palin taking her kids on the camaign with her! You can post 500 pictures of the Obama kids on the campaign with their dad and it still doesn't have anything to do with this situation.

Yup so those who keep attacking her having her kids with her while ignoring the fact Obama did the same thing are what?

I will answer the question, hypocrites.

I will help you out a bit since you don't seem to know what it means:

hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 PM

Why are you calling people hypcrites? The topic is David Letterman's joke about Bristol/Willow (?) Palin. Ms. Palin was at a baseball game with her mother, who is not, I repeat not, campainging for any office right now.

I will repeat this: this is not about taking kids on a political campaign.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Why are you calling people hypcrites? The topic is David Letterman's joke about Bristol/Willow (?) Palin. Ms. Palin was at a baseball game with her mother, who is not, I repeat not, campainging for any office right now.

I will repeat this: this is not about taking kids on a political campaign.

Okay if Palin isn't campaign then why do you and the media give a sh*t what she does????????

I'm sure other Republicans give speeches but don't get nearly the coverage.

If she is such a moron then why all the threads and posts by you guys????????

Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Okay if Palin isn't campaign then why do you and the media give a sh*t what she does????????

I'm sure other Republicans give speeches but don't get nearly the coverage.

If she is such a moron then why all the threads and posts by you guys????????
She's in the news! She's making a major circus out of this. What political office is she campaigning for? She didn't just give a speech, she was a "guest" on the Today show. I believe she was in NY to attend a parade in the hometown of Seward, the guy who bought Alaska from the Russians. She has a history of taking her kids along with her on political trips, has actually gotten into trouble for it on occasion (had to reimburse the state of AK for some of her kids' travels).

Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 PM

339 posts, read 707,086 times
I think Palin and Letterman should settle it with a pair of boxing gloves. I got 50 on the girl. I'm not talking about a debate on who is right or who is wrong. I don't really care. I just think Palin would kick his a$$.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
She's in the news! She's making a major circus out of this.

So the news networks don't have control of who they cover????

She would not be in the news if CNN and MSNBC didn't give her attention. Last time I looked other Conservatives have given speeches and attended Spankee games.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So the news networks don't have control of who they cover????

She would not be in the news if CNN and MSNBC didn't give her attention. Last time I looked other Conservatives have given speeches and attended Spankee games.
None of which has anything to do with whether she or Obama or anyone else took their kids along when campaigning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies