Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 09:12 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
No. Did you read my post?

First of all, Sasha and Malia are minors. If they enter politics after they turn 18, then you may feel free to treat them as you would any other politician.

So isn't Palin's daughter, Willow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,245,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
McCain was the loss to the Republicans wit his constant talking down about them and his pride in going against them all the time. People got confused about who's side he was on. Palin was the one drawing all the crowds if you recall because conservatives finally felt they had a voice. She may not have been ready but it was not she who lost that one.
You know there's a big difference between exciting a base full of evangelicals who could care less how you will actually perform in office and exciting non partisan folks... you know, the vast majority of the voting public. It sounds like Palin is running in 2012... if she gets past the primary, it will be a bloodbath for Republicans.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
No. Did you read my post?

First of all, Sasha and Malia are minors. If they enter politics after they turn 18, then you may feel free to treat them as you would any other politician.

So now its about age? Look...I cant debate with you if you keep changing your stance.

And anyways...it was willow that was at the ballgame. She is a minor as well.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I hope Dave doesn't say anything else about this stupid drama queen anymore. Letterman did nothing wrong and it's clear that the King and Queen of the Klondike are completely off their nuts.

Letterman a pervert? If Letterman is, then so is limbaugh.
He did nothing wrong but he apologized? CBS is drafting an apology - why?

What Dave did wrong was let one of his writers get him into trouble. I truly believe the writer intended to target a 14 year old girl. She attended the game. She was with her mother on the trip. To suggest otherwise is insulting. I don't think Letterman personally knew which daughter went to the game. He read the teleprompter, and after the backlash made a poor attempt to apologize. The fact that anybody would defend the joke is just as scary to me as right-wing Holocaust murderers are to you.

The fact that you don't see a problem with the joke is why so many Americans (both Democrats and Republicans) are concerned with the state of the country. We (adults) set the example for our kids. The media sets the example. If our kids grow up thinking it is normal to engage in this type of behavior, we have failed as a society.

If Letterman wants to make "slutty flight attendant" jokes, that is his pejorative. Palin is a grown woman in the spotlight. Furthermore, Letterman is really an adult venue. But we as a society have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to our children. In my mind, joking about a young girl in a sexual manner is off limits under any circumstance. It marginalizes a very serious issue.

As a woman, I would think you would expect more of yourself.

Last edited by GOPATTA2D; 06-12-2009 at 09:39 AM..

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So why dont ou tell us how you really feel?

And I guess letterman did nothing wrong. But if were to make a joke about Sasha Obama getting impregnated by David Duke I somehow dont think all the libs would find it very funny.
That, honeybunny, would be in bad taste ... Letterman was being funny. It's the Palin's sick minds that wandered into 14 year olds having sexual relations territory, not David Letterman ... them ... they're the sickos here. I can just see how it all went down:

Sarah: Go Yankees!!!!
Palin's People (pp's): psssst ...
Sarah: Go Yankees ... you guys beat ... uhhhh, who are they playing?
PP: Pssssst .. Sarah!
Sarah: Rudy! Are there bugs here?
PP: SARAH!!!! I have to tell you something
Sarah: Oh ... who are you again? Are you delivering more clothes?
PP: Sarah ... David letterman said something really really bad
Sarah: Who? is that a new muppet character?
PP: No, David letterman ... remember the guy who made that old guy who lost the election feel bad for going on Katie Couric's show?
Sarah: No ... wait ... who was that guy again? I really wanted to be President of the Senate too
PP: focus Sarah ...
Sarah: ok ... what is it again?
PP: Letterman does these top 10 lists every night
Sarah: ohhhhhhh, that sounds like fun!
PP: No Sarah ... he's advocating that A-Rod is going to have sex with .... Willow!
Sarah: WHAT?
PP: Yes, he said it on the air
Sarah: He mentioned Willow?
PP: Well, no, not exactly
Sarah: what do you mean?
PP: Well, put 2 and 2 together Sarah, it's obvious he mean Willow?
Sarah: how?
PP: Willow was with you at the game right?
Sarah: Gosh darn right she was!
PP: And he's 62 Sarah ... he's a dirty old man!
Sarah: Yea, you're right! I MUST PROTECT MY DAUGHTER FROM DAVID LETTERMAN!!! Ohhhhh, that NY liberal establishment media! All men in their 60's are a bunch of sexual perverts! What's wrong with their minds!!!! Hey Mayor Giuliani, how old are you?
Giuliani: I'm 65
Sarah: uh oh, wait a minute, YOU'RE A DIRTY OLD MAN TOO!!!!
PP: No Sarah ... no ... you're completely missing the point.
Sarah: Who's A-Rod?

297 posts, read 348,946 times
Quote:
I did. Did you?

You said Palin's kids are open to attacks since they were paraded on stage. Then you said Obama's were as well but not as much.

Putting 2 and 2 together that would indicate you think Obama's kids are actually open to attacks just not as many as Palin's.

I dont even have a teaching degree but am forced to drop knowledge on you libs all the time.
I said no such thing. Until you learn how to read, I wouldn't attempt to get a degree in anything.

What I SAID was: "I am not in favor of attacking politician's children until they become adults, and only then if they are involved in politics. I am also not in favor of parading them around from stage to stage as sideshow props like she did with her baby that has downs syndrome."

Let me break that statment down for you into simple, easy to understand language:

1. I am NOT in favor of attacking Politician's Minor Children ever, for any reason;

2. I am NOT in favor of parading politician's children around like stage props. I believe it IS acceptable to bring minor children onstage to introduce the children as part of the Politicians family since we have the right to know who our Politicians are. Regardless of how often they end up being used as stage props, it is NOT acceptable to attack the minor children, in any way, for any reason.

3. If/when a politician's minor children become adults and begin campaigning for their parents or any other politician, it IS acceptable to treat them as public political figures.

Does that clear it up a little bit for you, or should I try to dumb it down a little more for you?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
That, honeybunny, would be in bad taste ... Letterman was being funny. It's the Palin's sick minds that wandered into 14 year olds having sexual relations territory, not David Letterman ... them ... they're the sickos here. I can just see how it all went down:

Gotcha.

Joking about a minor being impregnated = funny as long as its Palin's minor children. Joke about Obama's minor children getting impregnated by a grown man = sick.

Nice set of logic you're using.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 AM

297 posts, read 348,946 times
Quote:
So isn't Palin's daughter, Willow.
Yes, she is. Letterman didn't say "Willow".

If you'll scroll further up the thread, you'll also find that I've already stated that I personally felt his joke was in poor taste.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,311 times
Quote:
McCain was the loss to the Republicans wit his constant talking down about them and his pride in going against them all the time. People got confused about who's side he was on. Palin was the one drawing all the crowds if you recall because conservatives finally felt they had a voice. She may not have been ready but it was not she who lost that one.
I don't know who's shrill whiny voice was worse ... Clinton's or Palin's

When they spoke .... the headache was soon to follow

Old 06-12-2009, 09:23 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,098 times
Quote:
nut should be singular if you are referencing that one guy's column.

Just FYI....would hate if you come off as an idiot.
I think you know what I am talking about, gee republicans are so short sighted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies