Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would a straight pride parade be considered hateful?
yes 79 48.17%
no 85 51.83%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:48 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times

Advertisements

It wouldn't necessarily be hateful, but it certainly would be pointless. What sort of anti-heterosexual movements has caused you, as a straight person, strife, stress? Were you ever beaten up, murdered, criticized, demoralized, threatened for being heterosexual? Do you need support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 08:51 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well fortunately we do not receive our individual rights in this country from your religion or mine they come from the constitution. I am happy that you have found a religion that suits your lifestyle though.

Yes, most religions suit parents raising children. That's my "lifestyle" And it's quite obvious in this country that individual rights are strongly influenced by certain strains of Christianity. Otherwise, gay people would have the right to marry in any state.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yes, most religions suit parents raising children. That's my "lifestyle" And it's quite obvious in this country that individual rights are strongly influenced by certain strains of Christianity. Otherwise, gay people would have the right to marry in any state.
Well again our laws are based on the constitution, if you want to claim that our Constitution was based on Biblical Christianity, go for it, me thinks you might get quite an argument from more than a few people on that one! gay people do have the right to marry in any state, just like everyone else.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:02 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Well again our laws are based on the constitution, if you want to claim that our Constitution was based on Biblical Christianity, go for it, me thinks you might get quite an argument from more than a few people on that one! gay people do have the right to marry in any state, just like everyone else.
Ever wonder how women and blacks are able to vote in this country? They didn't get those rights from the founding fathers.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Ever wonder how women and blacks are able to vote in this country? They didn't get those rights from the founding fathers.
and of course I am not going to join your fantasy that homosexuals self inflicted plight is anything remotely close to that of ones skin color or gender.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
and of course I am not going to join your fantasy that homosexuals self inflicted plight is anything remotely close to that of ones skin color or gender.
You cannot help what your skin color is. You cannot help what gender you are. You cannot help what your sexual orientation is.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You cannot help what your sexual orientation is.
Of course when you make something up you get to declare what the rules are, but that doesn't make it real.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Of course when you make something up you get to declare what the rules are, but that doesn't make it real.
So when did you make the conscious decision that you liked people of the opposite sex?

And if you tried would you start liking people of the same sex?

Why would someone "chose" to be gay seeing how people like yourself think of them and act toward them?

And by the way, I am not gay.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
Oh, you mean it's not straight pride day everyday? Why would they need to march? Everywhere I go, it's like a "straight pride" parade: Movie Theaters, Shopping Malls, Amusement Parks, and on and on and on.

If we LGBT's had equal rights, we wouldn't have the NEED to march. Give us our rights and we'll stop marching.

Do you really think your agenda moves forward when some gay guy in the parade is wearing just a jockstrap and doing back flips ?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:36 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Gay people must be insecure.

Nobody in our small town has a flag flying proclaiming they are hetrosexual.

Yet 2 women fly that rainbow flag to proclaim to the world they are lesbians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies