Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What to do with David Letterman?
Immediate Firing? 7 17.50%
Don't renew his contract when it expires in 2012? 6 15.00%
Do nothing, it was only humor, even if terribly bad humor. 24 60.00%
Don't have an opinion / don't care. 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:28 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Typical drooler. Rushing into a fight without all the facts. The alleged joke "victim" was an adult mother.
She was 18, drooler -- hey - did you find any posts from me bashing Mrs Obama yet?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:31 PM

Nothing should be done to Letterman. Free speech is a good thing, even if coming from a widely recognized douche. Penalize him and we open the door to 'thought police'.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
She was 18, drooler -- hey - did you find any posts from me bashing Mrs Obama yet?
I said she was 18..Thought you could follow a thread? Haven't found any defending her either.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
do you not live in reality? bristol palin wasn't with mommy in NY. a 14 year old was. I know it's hard to understand, but good lord.
According to you..why would a liberal like Letterman know which daughter was getting lugged around this time, that's what droolers foam over. It's usually the older one anyway.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I said she was 18..Thought you could follow a thread? Haven't found any defending her either.
Then you haven't looked hard enough. Try every thread that bashes Mrs Obama and you will find me defending her. See, I am not a hypocrite.

As far as knowing she was 18, really? Then why call her an 'adult mother' unless you were attempting to lend the impression she was in her late twenties?

Hell, even if she was in her thirties it would still be inexcusable to 'joke' at the expense of family members of a politician. I know that is a little subtle for you, but try to understand that very basic point.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
In the interest of fairness and equal time, he should make similar jokes about Bobo's little girls.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
Quote:
According to you..why would a liberal like Letterman know which daughter was getting lugged around this time, that's what droolers foam over. It's usually the older one anyway.
who are these droolers you speak of? I don't care what the guy says. I didn't call for his head. but get real. letterman knew everything she was doing while in town, but didn't know who she was with? right. so like I said before. you will be cool when comments come out about barry's daughters right? how did you feel about the rutgers girls basketball team? they were adults weren't they? I actually believe in free speech.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Then you haven't looked hard enough. Try every thread that bashes Mrs Obama and you will find me defending her. See, I am not a hypocrite.

As far as knowing she was 18, really? Then why call her an 'adult mother' unless you were attempting to lend the impression she was in her late twenties?

Hell, even if she was in her thirties it would still be inexcusable to 'joke' at the expense of family members of a politician. I know that is a little subtle for you, but try to understand that very basic point.
You're an adult when you're 18..Are you freaking serious? Inexcusable? WTF planet are you on? That's what half of the comdians across the world do. That's what Rush does. If an 18 year old (let alone a 30 year old) that seeks the spotlight can't take a little ribbing then stay out of the spotlight.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Typical drooler. Rushing into a fight without all the facts. The alleged joke "victim" was an adult mother.
It's funny how you want to present a set of facts that's simply untrue. There is NO WAY you can say he was joking about the 18 year old who gave birth. He referenced the daughter who WAS AT THE YANKEES GAME with her mom. That was the 14 year old daughter, not the 18 year old daughter. If one wants to give Letterman the benefit of the doubt, one can say that he never specified which daughter, but even that is being generous to him.
You can argue that it's just a joke, and that people should not be so uptight or worried about it. You can argue that it's not partcularly offensive to the daughter (or particularly funny) but that Alex Rodriguez is owed an apology for being accused of impregnating a 14 year old girl, but I don't see any way to argue that he was talking about the absent daughter.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
who are these droolers you speak of? I don't care what the guy says. I didn't call for his head. but get real. letterman knew everything she was doing while in town, but didn't know who she was with? right. so like I said before. you will be cool when comments come out about barry's daughters right? how did you feel about the rutgers girls basketball team? they were adults weren't they? I actually believe in free speech.
Droolers hang on every word their mindless leader Palin says because she "speaks" their language. I've already answered the question you've continually asked about Obama's daughters and the Rutgers girls, read. I've also said that I don't think Imus should've been fired, ridiculed yes, fired no. If you don't like what you're hearing turn the channel. C******! is the drooler in question that's is foaming at the mouth over a joke trying to make someting out of nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies