Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:53 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,438,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Try reading a little history, because it is very obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about. The US did not put the Shah of Iran into power.
LOL!

It's always hysterical when someone beseeches someone else to learn their history, when they have no clue themselves.

Kool-Aid for dinner again!??

"In 1953 the United States played a significant role in orchestrating the overthrow of Iran's popular Prime Minister, Mohammed Massadegh. The Eisenhower Administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons; but the coup was clearly a setback for Iran's political development. And it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America in their internal affairs."

--Madeleine Albright

The Shah was our puppet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 05:54 PM

156 posts, read 133,230 times
Holy crap, now we're really going back in time, to carter? Isn't it nice to live in the past?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Reza_Pahlavi

Old 06-12-2009, 05:55 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,939,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I'll ignore the loser insult, because it's middle-school stuff.
I think we both win a middle school award. You're calling people pigs, in return I brought up Becks song Loser. But I actually self-edited and removed it from my post. Let's see if you can tone it down and stop with the confrontational hostile voice you use when confronted with a differing opinion.

Quote:
Something I am sure you are quite familiar with
You need only ask your sister! If Dave can go there, why cant I. Now that's Lettermen classy for ya.

Last edited by mossomo; 06-12-2009 at 06:11 PM..

Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudynm View Post
Holy crap, now we're really going back in time, to carter? Isn't it nice to live in the past?
Oh they love to rip on Carter. That's how deep they have to dig (not that their criticisms of him hold ANY merit). But if you bring up Bush, which is recent history, you're supposed to shut up about that already!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,214,150 times
All the people that were running for president of Iran were picked by the Guardian Council so any one of them could have won because they were all "approved" and picked by the real power behind the scenes.

The Guardian Council is unelected. The members are appointed by the Supreme Leader and he is the real ruler of iran. Executive powers are held by the Supreme Leader and we all know who that is.

The President of Iran is not the equivalent of the President of the United States.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I think we both win a middle school award. But I actually self-edited and removed it from my post. Let's see if you can tone it down and stop with the confrontational hostile voice you use when confronted with a differing opinion.

You need only ask your sister! If Dave can go there, why cant I. Now that's Lettermen classy for ya.
How about you stuff your directives right back where they came from?

You're every bit as confrontational, so save it.

I will post what I want, where I want, when I want.

If you don't like what I have to say, my style, or anything else about me, too bad. Perhaps put me on ignore if it wrecks you so badly to read my posts.

Letterman has no class and he never did. He's a sociophobe.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:03 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,368,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Why bother. Make it up as you. With enough repetition, eventually you believe yourself.
If you enjoy being a stupid liberal freak nobody is going to change that. However, if you are interested in reality, then get an education. The only people making up lies and displaying their ignoance in this thread are the liberal freaks claiming the US put the Shah of Iran into power, which never happened.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:05 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,368,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
LOL!

It's always hysterical when someone beseeches someone else to learn their history, when they have no clue themselves.

Kool-Aid for dinner again!??

"In 1953 the United States played a significant role in orchestrating the overthrow of Iran's popular Prime Minister, Mohammed Massadegh. The Eisenhower Administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons; but the coup was clearly a setback for Iran's political development. And it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America in their internal affairs."

--Madeleine Albright

The Shah was our puppet.
Did you even bother to read what you just posted? Obviously not. I have bolded the relevent portion of Albright's quote for your edification. Only an uneducated moronic liberal freak could confuse the Shah of Iran with the Prime Minister.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
If you enjoy being a stupid liberal freak nobody is going to change that. However, if you are interested in reality, then get an education. The only people making up lies and displaying their ignoance in this thread are the liberal freaks claiming the US put the Shah of Iran into power, which never happened.
Let's see if you can tone it down and stop with the confrontational hostile voice you use when confronted with a differing opinion.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:08 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,155,637 times
Neocons Claim Iranian Elections Don’t Matter

Got to have a boogyman to justify those increased spending budgets.

Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it. -- Douglas MaCarthur

The well of fear issues forth it's never ending supply to quench the thirst of fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies