Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 07:01 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Someones funnin' with you. I dont think even Borat could be that ignant.
yeah, you're right. I think Borat might even feel the same pity & distaste as us. ( to put it mildly..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 PM

334 posts, read 1,268,662 times
Default Gay Marriage

It is a digsuting and shameful stain on the holy and wonderful sacrament of holy matriomony: a sacred union between one man and one woman, and another woman in argentina.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Amen on that!
The republicans cannot keep denying gay marriage by using the old 'sacred' excuse. How many republican politicians are divorced? How many are secret 'toe tappers'? How many tap the interns/staff members/flight attendents?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 PM

112 posts, read 127,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsGiantsIndiansfan2008 View Post
It is a digsuting and shameful stain on the holy and wonderful sacrament of holy matriomony: a sacred union between one man and one woman, and another woman in argentina.
(Divorce Rate : Divorce Rate In America)
First marriages (heterosexual obviously) have a roughly 40-50% chance of failing. If you believe homosexual marriage is corrupting holy matrimony, why do almost 1/2 of marriages erupt. Presently there are so many divorces accepted in average life, I almost must come to the conclusion that marriage isn't very holy at all. Why shut out a whole group of people from the right to love when heterosexual unions fail constantly to the point that marriage is only temporary, not everlasting?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:35 PM

334 posts, read 1,268,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progressive" Liberal;9469427]([URL="http://www.divorcerate.org/
Divorce Rate : Divorce Rate In America[/url])
First marriages (heterosexual obviously) have a roughly 40-50% chance of failing. If you believe homosexual marriage is corrupting holy matrimony, why do almost 1/2 of marriages erupt. Presently there are so many divorces accepted in average life, I almost must come to the conclusion that marriage isn't very holy at all. Why shut out a whole group of people from the right to love when heterosexual unions fail constantly to the point that marriage is only temporary, not everlasting?

you clearly did not read the post

Old 06-25-2009, 06:48 PM

491 posts, read 925,812 times
Quote:
you clearly did not read the post
Perhaps you should have italicized the last part.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progressive" Liberal;9469427]([URL="http://www.divorcerate.org/
Divorce Rate : Divorce Rate In America[/url])
Ya know, even knowing those stats, I still would not want to marry someone who had been already married. I could just imagine the baggage involved, the ex constantly harassing our relationship, the psycho phone calls, the trying to get back together w/him, etc. etc. etc. I know, I know, I'm being extreme but that's what I envision. Maybe it's because I've had that experience w/my ex & his ex-girlfriend. Psycho.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:31 PM

5 posts, read 5,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Amen on that!
The republicans cannot keep denying gay marriage by using the old 'sacred' excuse. How many republican politicians are divorced? How many are secret 'toe tappers'? How many tap the interns/staff members/flight attendents?
Two wrongs do not make a right. Kindly stop looking for excuses to make perversion a societal norm.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
LOL be nice and caring. Most people in Canada don't agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectordectector View Post
Two wrongs do not make a right. Kindly stop looking for excuses to make perversion a societal norm.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies