Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Obama people just want you to do everything for them. If you have questions, find them for yourself. I'm retired.
I suppose that's how you defended your papers at school: wrote ridiculous stuff, then when your teachers challenged you, you told them to go look it up themselves. I'll say this one last time, mostly for the sake of everyone else out here on CD: If you make an assertion, you have to be able to back it up, not send the questioners to google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 03:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I suppose that's how you defended your papers at school: wrote ridiculous stuff, then when your teachers challenged you, you told them to go look it up themselves. I'll say this one last time, mostly for the sake of everyone else out here on CD: If you make an assertion, you have to be able to back it up, not send the questioners to google.
Well, the way I deal with this is if I don't agree with something said and I am wondering about it, I go look it up for myself, because I wouldn't believe what you tell me anyway. BTW, I graduated in the top five percent of my class and handed in my papers just fine. I had to answer to my teachers. I don't have to answer to you.

So if you have other information to deny what I said, just post it. And since you think you should furnish evidence of the truth of your postings, I will agree that you should.

I was brought up in an area that had a saying, "A person is only as good as his word." I don't tell lies. And I don't appreciate your suggesting that I do. So if you think something I said is not true, prove it. Since what I posted was my opinion based on the facts accumulated through more than 63 years, I hope you have fun. You may even learn something and change your mind about someone you seem to think so highly about.

Last edited by NCN; 06-13-2009 at 03:39 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 03:34 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hmm. I think it's a huge leap to say that the caller represents all or most Republicans.
Or any for that matter.

If the caller did not identify himself as a conservative or repo then I would suspect his credentials as such. Given the lack of identification, I'd place the question of ignorance on the OP. And, I think most of Obama's critical thinking is done by a third party, such as George Soros.

And BTW, tho' I was born in Texas and have lived most my life in Texas, as well as have ALL of my known relatives, my family did spend some time, during my pre-school youth, in a foreign country. There are times I recognize I don't think like most/many/some/any Americans either, depending on the subject at hand.

Last edited by WillysB; 06-13-2009 at 04:26 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 03:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hmm. I think it's a huge leap to say that the caller represents all or most Republicans.
Thank God there are still some Liberals that have a level-head. I wouldn't put the OP in that category, that's for sure.

Reps for you.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:39 PM

256 posts, read 750,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You still haven't expalined the communism thing, and you made the accusation, not me. It's up to you to prove it, not for me to disprove it. Nor have you provided dates, places and quotes for him "put(ing) down the American people".
Quote:
When I have a question about something, I research it myself. I don't have any questions about anything I said, so I don't have a problem. You are the one needing information. Go for it.
LMAO! You're kidding, right? Is this guy for real?

Honey, I don't think you get it. YOU called Obama a communist. YOU have to prove it. If you can't prove it, YOU ARE WRONG.

That's like me saying George W. Bush is an anti-Semitic Holocaust denier and then asking YOU to prove that he's not!

So sad how so many people in this country have been brainwashed with lies, due to our country's complete, total freedom of speech. That's the price you pay for freedom of speech, and I'm willing sacrifice a more educated populace for freedom of expression and freedom of thought. Although this country's brainwashing is strongly aided by people's own prejudices, so freedom of speech is not totally responsible for it.

Anyway, as most other people have said, this caller is clearly a radical, xenophobic kind of guy.

Last edited by Sandy Springs Rep.; 06-13-2009 at 03:54 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 03:40 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The caller would be the typical Palin supporter/Tea Party rally goer. Kind of like that guy in Florida who made the sign "Obama half-breed Muslin". I think he represents a large proportion of the GOP supporters, mostly uneducated hillbillies.
Well, I guess we're even then. I happened to think you're an idiot for casting a blanket statement over the GOP party. Most people are a little more objective than you, thank God.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Well, the way I deal with this is if I don't agree with something said and I am wondering about it, I go look it up for myself, because I wouldn't believe what you tell me anyway. BTW, I graduated in the top five percent of my class and handed in my papers just fine. I had to answer to my teachers. I don't have to answer to you.

So if you have other information to deny what I said, just post it. And since you think you should furnish evidence of the truth of your postings, I will agree that you should.

I was brought up in an area that had a saying, "A person is only as good as his word." I don't tell lies. And I don't appreciate your suggesting that I do. So if you think something I said is not true, prove it.
I'll play that game. You made the accusations about Obama being brought up around "questionable people" who liked communism. Who were these people? His mother was more of a "free spirit" from what I have read. Now remember, I do not have to prove this. His step-father was an Indonesian. Indonesia is not communist. I don't have to prove this, either. His grandparents were Americans. His grandmother worked in a bank, surely not a communist institution in the USA, which Hawaii was part of, even when Obama was growing up there. I don't have to prove any of this, either. You have to prove me wrong.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, I guess we're even then. I happened to think you're an idiot for casting a blanket statement over the GOP party. Most people are a little more objective than you, thank God.
The caller and the "Muslin" guy represent the R Base, which is a lot bigger than the Buckley conservative faction -- I'd say they are the blanket over the GOP. The R party drew these people to them when the religious right was needed earlier this decade - now it's metastasized into the horrible Palinian Base we have now, the fringe of which is represented by the Stormfront types. Now the rational part of the Republican Party wants to disassociate itself. Well, you developed them -- they're going to vote for your guys -- you wrangle them. Have fun.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:57 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
How did we go from Obama not being ethnically American to Communism? Geez, thanks for hijacking my thread! The woman who kept going about Communism would be the perfect match for the ignoramus who called the radio station "Obama half breed Muslin". "Y'all want some sweet tea"?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM

I am not the one who posted that Obama was raised by people who liked communism. I do apologize for getting carried away trying to respond to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies