Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:45 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

palin just doesn't have much of substance to talk about. she is popular among the most conservative but not enough to carry any election. she is thought of badly enough by the rest of the population, even people her own party that, like the last time, if she were put on a ticket, she and the party would lose. she will be a foot note in history much like Geraldine Ferraro. palin is well suited for local office not national.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 02:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, you are not. When it got going on how stupid Palin sounds when she doesn't have a script, they deflected.
Well see I don't think she sounded stupid - she just rambled and didn't really answer the question directly; standard politics. For some reason, when she does it, it sounds more obvious that she doesn't really have an answer. My thing is, if you post the video then talk about the video. If you wanna talk about Obama's eligibility, Muslim background or Kenyan ethnicity there are threads for that. And to the poster who said I'm naive if I still believe in checks and balances, then I guess I'm naive. As it was stated in the video - the one that the OP provided - the one that I watched - while she vetoed several parts of the stimulus, she recognized that they may overrule her on that decision. Somehow I thought that was an example of checks and balances.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
I'm just glad to see her returning to talking about issues. I couldn't take much more of the histrionics over Letterman. IMO she speaks well when talking about energy, glad to see her focusing on her strengths. I'd like to see her in a presidential campaign in 2012, and if you think about it I'll bet you would too. So you go, girl!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:47 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, Silly Sarah is missing the boat. The country is going in a new direction when it comes to are energy needs called alternative energy...

Old 06-13-2009, 10:01 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
As bigotry and intolerance seem to be the ideal of the left wing.
Yep, those damn liberal Jim Crow laws. Leftists! Whaddaya gonna do wit em?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh wow! She got something memorized! Way to go, Sara.....only took ya about 7 months....
now for the geography lesson....repeat several times until memorized...

"Africa is not a country, Africa is not a country""....c'mon, Sara I know ya can do it!!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Grow your own mind.

The woman is an idiot. She's the reason I dropped my support for McCain.

(You see, my mind is already free from ideology. You might want to try it yourself!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sure it is
That's what the neo-cons said when I said that, too. Even so, it's true. I was leaning McCain until I heard Sarah speak at the convention.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:24 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Baloney. She didn't "take virtually all the stimulus...money". I listened to her entire address to her state legislature on YouTube, where she specifically said what they were willing to look at, and what they were rejecting (which was most of it, as I recall). Now if she was overridden by Democrats in her State, that doesn't mean "she" took it (and the way I understand it, Democrats were indeed opposing her rejecting any of it).

This woman has a lot more "on the ball" than Barack Obama, who is absolutely naive (even perhaps stupid) when it comes to international affairs. It is quite obvious that he is sadly lacking in skill and understanding in that department. So is Hillary, for that matter.

We have, in this administration, the weakest team we have had in my life time (65 years). This man has no clue what he is doing. He doesn't understand economics (though he thinks he does) and is absolutely destroying our economy and our country. If we survive even two years till midterm elections, I will be surprised.

We are in deep trouble, and the Democrats know it. The man is a failure. Period. He took a bad situation and made it hundreds of times worse. There can be no doubt that this is his economy.

I'm for Palin in 2012. She knows what needs to be done, and she is capable of making the tough decisions. Obama is a loser.

Hilary said something about the Iranian election recently that made me think to myself "Wow, that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard!" It was something to the effect of "We need to hear from Iranian people on this election." The Iranian people went to the polls to express their opinion. We've already heard from them, but Ahmina-nutjob stole the election. So now what? Obviously the Iranian people have no control over their government, and the election is a sham.

Then I came across this.

"Speaking Saturday in Canada, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the United States hopes the outcome of the Iranian election reflects the 'genuine will and desire of the Iranian people.' She said like the rest of the world, the U.S. is waiting and watching to see what the Iranian people decide."

VOA News - US Eyeing Reports of Voting Irregularities in Iran (http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-06-13-voa21.cfm - broken link)

As though it were the Iranian people making the decisions.

And this one thinks world events hinge upon his speeches.

"Obviously after the speech that I made in Cairo, we tried to send a clear message that we think there's the possibility of change, and, you know, ultimately the election is for the Iranians to decide," Obama went on to say. "Whoever ends up winning the election in Iran, the fact that there's been a robust debate hopefully will help advance our ability to engage them in new ways," Obama said.

albawaba.com middle east news information::Iranian election 2009: Polling stations close as Obama ”excited”

Old 06-14-2009, 07:27 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
If they had watched the interview, it would destroy some of their blind, closely held ideals. Palin coherent and intelligent? Can't have that!
She was only coherent when speaking about the one subject with which she is very conversant - Alaska's energy policies. She does get points for being able to speak on a topic for which she is prepared - can't really be sure she is knowledgeable, but she knows her script on this one. Nothing in this interview supports the contention that she is intelligent.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:49 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
She was only coherent when speaking about the one subject with which she is very conversant - Alaska's energy policies. She does get points for being able to speak on a topic for which she is prepared - can't really be sure she is knowledgeable, but she knows her script on this one.
I pretty much said the same thing on the 2nd page of this thread. However, they don't want us to talk about the video they want us to say "sarah palin wears ugly shoes" so they can call us stupid liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies