Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:10 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,561 times

Advertisements

Someone give this man a raise!!

Biden Says 'Everyone Guessed Wrong' on Unemployment Numbers - Political News - FOXNews.com

I wonder if this is the only thing that they will "guess wrong"? Probably not!

"No one realized how bad the economy was. The projections, in fact, turned out to be worse. But we took the mainstream model as to what we thought -- and everyone else thought -- the unemployment rate would be," Biden said.

HUH? I think everyone KNEW how bad it was and still is. And if these idiots continue to make any more "guesses", we are totally screwed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post

Biden Says 'Everyone Guessed Wrong' on Unemployment Numbers - Political News - FOXNews.com

Shame on you. How dare you criticize an Administration that 'saved' 150,000 jobs in light of the fact that nearly 2,000,000 jobs have been lost since Inauguration? Don't you think massive tax hikes and cap-and-trade will jumpstart the Economy?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:14 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,314 times
Quote:
"everyone guessed wrong"
So, they were guessing at the unemployment numbers?

The country is in the very best of hands...

[sarc off]

Old 06-14-2009, 12:15 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,985 times
Biden Says 'Everyone Guessed Wrong' on Unemployment Numbers

Ya Think??

Old 06-14-2009, 12:16 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,985 times
When are those baboons in Washington ever going to learn to count, or be realistic, or just admit the fact that they are powerless to do anything short of making matters worse?

It is very telling that Biden was the one to break the news to us ... Obama, was probably just hiding off in the corner sumwhere crying like a little girl!!

I wonder what all of those little changey-feeley ObamaBots are going to do now?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 PM

134 posts, read 151,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Shame on you. How dare you criticize an Administration that 'saved' 150,000 jobs in light of the fact that nearly 2,000,000 jobs have been lost since Inauguration? Don't you think massive tax hikes and cap-and-trade will jumpstart the Economy?
I don't know...it's above my pay scale. Do these figures include all 57 states?

Keedy

Old 06-14-2009, 12:18 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post

"No one realized how bad the economy was. The projections, in fact, turned out to be worse. But we took the mainstream model as to what we thought -- and everyone else thought -- the unemployment rate would be," Biden said.

HUH? I think everyone KNEW how bad it was and still is. And if these idiots continue to make any more "guesses", we are totally screwed!
that gives me faith that they have a clue

Old 06-14-2009, 12:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Not everyone..shadowstats has good numbers IMHO.

Inflation, Money Supply, GDP, Unemployment and the Dollar - Alternate Data Series

Someone should send Biden this link..there's more than just unemployment numbers being played with.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
So, they were guessing at the unemployment numbers?

The country is in the very best of hands...

[sarc off]
lol..they are also "guessing" at the number of new jobs the stimulus package will create..600K in the next 3 months !

Old 06-14-2009, 12:28 PM

258 posts, read 443,164 times
I have been unemployed since April. I have sent out hundreds of resumes, and only a few interviews so far. I have Bachelor of Science in Economics, and the market for jobs out there is not all that great. I am in Atlanta, GA which has always been a great job market. I have filed for unemployment, and that place is packed everytime I have to go there. It takes 15 to 20 minutes sometimes to find parking. My severance package ran out last week, and considering cashing in the 401 K to live off. Had a job interview on Friday, and hope it turns out to be a job offer soon. Not getting my hopes up to much though. The hope bubble has been busted many times over the past few months. The real issue is that the world is running low on fossil fuels to supply the demand for the energy needs of all the industrialized countries in the world. We need to figure things out fast, or it going to get very ugly fast. Not only do we need fossil fuels for energy, but also to grow all the food supplies that we need. Fertilizers are made out of natural gas, and oil by products. We don't grow all that wheat and corn in this country with cow pooooh!! The government controls this country through the media via television, and the internet now. They are not going to tell you the truth if the truth is not what you want to hear. Think about it. You have to dig for the truth. Don't expect it to be handed to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies