Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 10:33 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Scientific study upon study has shown that homosexuality is inherient in nature as is heterosexuality..

but obviously coming from a Theological standpoint, science doesn't really matter in your argument..
If homosexuality is natural, then what about other sexual preferences and disorders? Is it possible that one's sexual development and tendencies are learned from infancy on? In my view, if a child is abandoned in the wilderness and raised by dogs, without any human contact whatsoever, that child behaves much like a member of the pack. There have been documented cases of "wild children" (at least one in France). In this one the child was completely wild, and in all forms behaved like a wild animal.

Last edited by RayinAK; 12-14-2009 at 10:43 PM..

Old 12-14-2009, 10:35 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBusta View Post
It was ironic humor: very religious people trying to get therapy (or more likely psychologically tormented into it by their uber-religious families) to "not be gay" and yet probably many of their same congregation indoctrinated to believe that homosexuality is not a natural proclivity -- therefore, the only conclusion that the religious folks conclude could be (illogically) that God was somehow "testing" that person['s faith] by making them gay (naturally).
Perhaps you are generalizing. There are religious institutions that allow for homosexuals in their ranks, or female ministers, etc.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lctd75 View Post
God doesn't make people "gay" or test them. There are people who participate in free willed activities that are not supported by God. There is no proof what so ever that anyone on this earth is born "gay" which leads one to draw a common sense conclusion: it can be changed. Those that scoff at the idea do not want to change nor do they want others to change as well. It would be much more convenient to sell a load of dung to the public that they "simply cannot help being gay and no one else can either" or my personal favorite..."there isn't a God if He doesn't accept my lifestyle". Hilarious!
1. Let's be honest here - to claim to speak for God is perhaps the most egomaniacal action I have seen in a long time. You, nor I, have a clue what God makes or tests or supports. Be humbled before the Lord.

2. There is TONS of proof that people and animals are born homosexual. Just ask the TONS of people who begrudgingly and unwillingly accept that they are gay and then face the wrath of a hateful society. I can assure you, from close friends, that this is not a choice people make. Just recall back to your grade school days when you knew which kids were never going to show up to play playground football.

3. Tend your own garden and let people fall in love peacefully. Imagine, God forcing people to not love the person with whom they feel the deep bond.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:40 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Anybody uptight over homosexuality needs to look at themselves not others. I have 2 cousins who are gay & we accept them like any other relative. I come up behind my older gay cousin & put him in a half nelson asking if he is turned on he chases me in laughter. It is natural and normal. People who think otherwise are limited in life.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Anybody uptight over homosexuality needs to look at themselves not others. I have 2 cousins who are gay & we accept them like any other relative. I come up behind my older gay cousin & put him in a half nelson asking if he is turned on he chases me in laughter. It is natural and normal. People who think otherwise are limited in life.
And that is a great example of how this country is becoming a better place thanks to younger people. Thank you.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:22 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
If you believe in Evolution than gay being natural doesn't make sense. No one would survive.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 AM

190 posts, read 210,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Perhaps you are generalizing. There are religious institutions that allow for homosexuals in their ranks, or female ministers, etc.

I was generalizing -- the tolerant churches wouldn't encourage gay people in their congregation to "try to become straight" they'd just accept them like you said.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you believe in Evolution than gay being natural doesn't make sense. No one would survive.
Nature doesn't need everybody to procreate in order for the human species to survive. If it did, then it could also be argued that heterosexual men who are sterile and heterosexual women who are infertile are as defective and "unnatural" as homosexuals.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
so are you saying that god makes people gay? if so how come some religions do not accept homosexuals and consider it a sin?

Old 12-15-2009, 01:34 AM

190 posts, read 210,428 times
I'm just going to be all corny about this.

So, one day, when some of these Christians pass on, and they go to heaven, and they meet Jesus, they're going to hear this:
"My flock, you were obedient and strove to be the very best people you could. The Word is sometimes complex, difficult, and has gone through many permutations and interpretations throughout the centuries. You could not have known all of this and, in your ignorance, you are forgiven.

. . .now, I'd like for you to meet my two good friends Adam and Steve."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies