Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,063,841 times

Advertisements

I wonder if people choose to be stupid? Can they just walk away from stupid?

Old 12-16-2009, 12:26 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Can they just walk away from stupid?
Not if they're wearing an "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt.

Last edited by wedjat; 12-16-2009 at 12:42 PM..

Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM

52 posts, read 24,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This has got to be a joke, right?
nope no joke.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 PM

52 posts, read 24,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I wonder if people choose to be stupid? Can they just walk away from stupid?
yes is the answer to both of your questions.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
nope no joke.
Well then, you may benefit from educating yourself about sexual orientation sometime. The consensus among doctors and researchers is that sexual orientation is not something that most people can choose or change.

Sexual Orientation, Homosexuality,and Bisexuality

Old 12-16-2009, 12:59 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,784 times
Quote:
Well then, you may benefit from educating yourself about sexual orientation sometime. The consensus among doctors and researchers is that sexual orientation is not something that most people can choose or change.

Sexual Orientation, Homosexuality,and Bisexuality
I'm pretty sure you're just wasting your time. It's clear that poster is trying to push buttons, just ignore.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,053,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
I'm around them everyday at work, and you know what? They are the biggest gossipers and trouble makers in the place. They stomp their feet and cry and complain when they do not get their way. They even pull the discrmination card. They are little sissies and their actions prove it. These are guys in their 30s too.

Do you realize that you are judging all homosexuals by the actions of the few that you know...?

I am going to start judging all of the heterosexuals that I know by using you as the benchmark...

Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 PM

981 posts, read 805,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Do you realize that you are judging all homosexuals by the actions of the few that you know...?

I am going to start judging all of the heterosexuals that I know by using you as the benchmark...
Well, I am gay, and, although he is generalizing, I can honestly say that his perceptions aren't that far off from truth, since many gays do behave that way. But, that's a WHOLE nother topic.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:18 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the I'm-going-to-ignore-all-of-the-data opinion.

Almost nobody "walks away from it". That's just nonsense.

Ah yes...going to ignore common sense.

But anybody can turn gay??

You can turn gay but you can't turn away?? The door only swings one way??

I notice you said "almost nobody". Which means that some "DO". Which means it's a choice! Period. And like any sexual addiction, it is very hard to shake. But some do shake it.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2
Why would a heterosexual man cheat on his wife knowing full well that he will encounter scorn and hatred from every turn? that he may lose money....his kids.....his reputation..... his job???

But he chooses that path anyway. But it feels good to him in moment. Not because it's normal or acceptable behavior.

so I don't buy that argument. The door swings both ways.

So I think people choose to be gay.....just like some choose to walk away from it.

I'm beginning to think that not even the opposition takes their arguments seriously anymore. I mean, come on, whose arse was this pulled out from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
I'm beginning to think that not even the opposition takes their arguments seriously anymore. I mean, come on, whose arse was this pulled out from?

Typical response. So, do people make risky choices regardless of the consequences or not?

Someone chooses to still engage in a behavior that is not acceptable and are willing to take the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies