Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 02:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

I only read the headline that the OP put up...So the large majority voted to regret voting for Obama...I'm just responding the way Pelosi does on health care.....she is stating most are in favor of the health care waste bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 07:07 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Who else did I have to vote for?

A elderly man, who changed his entire personal belief system to try and win the nomination and the Presidency? A man who knowingly took on a VP nominee, who believed that Abortion should be outlawed out right, even in cases of rape and incest?

I didn't like the choices I had in the last election. I had a lot of freinds who bought the rhetoric from the Obama camp, both from the left and the right.

I always tell people that he wasn't going to drastically change everything, Republicans and Democrats need to remember that.
ALL politicians say what you want to hear. Maybe it's that I live in New Jersey, where politicians are by default corrupt, so I don't believe what any of them say in the first place.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Proud to say I didn't buy into Obama's charismatic "Change" marketing ploy (which he stole from the Clintons) and voted third-party.

And even though I have a lot of conservative ideas, I didn't vote for Bush either.

I really wish this country could get a viable third-party candidate a la Ross Perot or Ron Paul, but the Dems and Repugs won't allow it. And the American sheeple are stupid enough to believe the propaganda that they're "throwing their vote away" if they vote third-party.
I voted for Ross Perot!

Old 10-26-2009, 07:12 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
I didn't vote for Obama but being from Arizona I couldn't bring myself to vote for McGoo

Old 10-26-2009, 07:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
so you think that because you see a game of basketball or a round of golf on the news, that means he didn't work that day? really?
I didnt say he didnt work that day I said he was slacking and could be doing more work.

Between the vacations trips to camp david, Bowling, basketball, golf, 26 fundraisers, date nights, use to have weekly parties, going out to a dinner and doing the salsa.

There is nothing in the oval office he could have been doing?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:30 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I didnt say he didnt work that day I said he was slacking and could be doing more work.

Between the vacations trips to camp david, Bowling, basketball, golf, 26 fundraisers, date nights, use to have weekly parties, going out to a dinner and doing the salsa.

One president goes jogging, another works out on the in house gym, another rides his bicycle, another plays golf, another plays a game of basketball. What in the world is the difference. They all realize that it is important that they do some healthy exercise to keep themselves fit and able to deal with the most stressful job in the world. And for that one of them is called a slacker. Gee....wonder which one. Gee...wonder why.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:12 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
That might fly if he was actually spending time in the oval office. Between the many many things he is doing outside dc you dont think he with the state of things that he should say hey maybe I should skp this golf game and actually go into the oval office
Quote:
Most president actually spend time in the oval office doing work also
Quote:

you implied that he doesn't actually spend any time in the oval office.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Being the President is a 24/7 job. So he takes some time off..he's "on the job" more than he's off and even when he's off he's still "on call".

Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,410 times
Default Who Voted for Obama and Regrets It

I was just wondering who here voted for Obama and now regrets it .

Seems his promises were not kept about war , economy , and especially ' change '. Since he just rehired just about the whole Clinton Whitehouse staff and put in some of the most vile zars in our history .

Old 11-03-2009, 04:46 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Campaign promises...

49 promises kept
7 promises broken

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

But go ahead and continue with vague repetitions (change, where's the change?) of false right-wing rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies