Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 02:31 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Come on this is getting ridiculous. A trillion here, a trillion there.

House Health-Care Bill to Include $600 Billion in Tax Increases - Bloomberg.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 02:33 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
"He also said the measure’s cost will reach beyond the $634 billion President Barack Obama proposed in his budget request to Congress as a down payment for the policy changes.

Asked whether the cost of a health-care overhaul would be more than $1 trillion, Rangel said, “the answer is yes.” "

No taxes on the middle-class to pay for this huh? Only a phony liberal would fall for this crap.

Obama fleeces his flock again.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

As far as I can see our economy is already bankrupt. Washington which supposedly recruits the best and the brightest has yet to understand that.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Yep. But now = you are a propagandist is you post the facts. At least, that is what the liberals are labeling anyone (including their own party members) who are questioning Prez O's latest mandates.

Kennedy's bill, wh/ will be up for a vote on Thurs, 6/16, even includes $5,000,000,000 for an ad campaign (to be run in English and Spanish) to remind people to brush their teeth and get regular dental check ups. Think I am kidding? Read it for yourselves! It is right there in black and white. Five billion dollars for an ad campaign.

Yet, it appears people like Howard Dean are making the rounds and pointing fingers at any of us who bring this stuff up - and saying we are all propagandists, despite this ridiculous waste of money being in Kennedy's bill for anyone to read!

The spinmeisters are at work - and the spin is coming straight from the White House. But it is just like the bail out . . . once it gets passed, everyone who was in denial about this crappy legislation will be standing there saying -"Uh . . . well gee . . . I dunno how this happened. We weren't given all the facts."

Or maybe they will choose the Pelosi method and just flat out lie that they were never "informed."

Old 06-12-2009, 02:48 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
it appears that is the plan, to bankrupt the country.how else can he bring on his change. every one equal,misserable,poor,and in debt

Old 06-12-2009, 02:48 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

And you know it will be 2-3 times that much.

I do not see why the rush to get national health care, we have Medicare, Medicaid S CHIP, our economy is still in a slump, we have trillions of dollars in new debt and we have over 10% unemployment in some areas of the country.

STOP SPENDING MONEY!! Think they heard me in Washington DC?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:54 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
As far as I can see our economy is already bankrupt. Washington which supposedly recruits the best and the brightest has yet to understand that.
0bama's best and brightest predicted 9% unemployment if we did NOT pass the 0bama stimulus recovery plan, and here we are at over 9.4%. So why should we have faith in any new rosy predictions from 0bama?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And you know it will be 2-3 times that much.

I do not see why the rush to get national health care, we have Medicare, Medicaid S CHIP, our economy is still in a slump, we have trillions of dollars in new debt and we have over 10% unemployment in some areas of the country.

STOP SPENDING MONEY!! Think they heard me in Washington DC?
I heard a liberal on TV explain it this way this morning:

The rush is because Obama fears that he will suffer the same fate as Bill Clinton did when he introduced his healthcare reform package in the 1990's. Clinton handed it off to Congress and both parties picked it apart until it was a barebones piece of legislation that had no real bite. Obama urged Pelosi and Reid and the rest of their cronies to pass the legislation quickly and then ask questions later so that Obama doesn't suffer a huge policy defeat in his first (?) term.

Democrats suck ass. To all our detriment.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:57 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
0bama's best and brightest predicted 9% unemployment if we did NOT pass the 0bama stimulus recovery plan, and here we are at over 9.4%. So why should we have faith in any new rosy predictions from 0bama?
Our unemployment here in Charlotte is over 10%. Of course, we have those banks here that Obama and his buds "rescued." That bail out money sure didn't "rescue" our jobs here.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
I think the dems have over reached with this. People will finally see the amount of debt we are wracking up is unsustainable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies