Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it is called influence peddling: (from a florida newspaper)

Disney's $125,000 gift to the Democratic Party last October was the largest individual in-kind donation it or Universal has made to either party, based on state records going back to the 2001-02 election cycle.
Granted influence is $, and $ flow to those in power.

But that's just how the game is played in a plutocracy:

Nikki Finke’s Deadline Hollywood Daily » ABC’s 9/11: Chief Disney Lobbyist Raises $$$ For <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">GOP</b> Midterm Candidates

"Then again, ABC’s parent company Disney has a history of being close to the Bush administration since 9/11. Let’s not forget that W pleaded just days after the tragedy for Americans “to return to the kind of lives we were leading before [that], especially air travel. Get on board. Do your business around the country. Fly and enjoy America’s great destination spots. Go down to Disney World in Florida;...."

Look at Disney in terms of someone who wants to own (or at least) rent ALL sides.

But then also look at where the business interests traditionally line-up.

They sure don't want financial regulation, for example.
And it's Frank and the Dems pushing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I stopped watching TV a long time ago. It's nothing but a propaganda machine.

I get my news from the internet from various sites and try to read both sides of the story and make up my own mind.

I don't need TV people sensationalizing one side over the other and trying to influence my thinking.

BTW..I'm neither Dem nor Repub..party lines don't faze me or blur my thinking.
Just remember "ALL" sides of US media is only one side.

I use it to cross-check stories against more credible foreign and domestic sources.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Aside from the unethical ABC in bed with the President aspect of this story, here's the President's motivation, I'm pretty sure:

41% Favor Public Sector Health Care Option, 41% Disagree

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/healthcare/june_2009/41_favor_public_sector_health_care_option_41_disag ree - broken link)

Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Aside from the unethical ABC in bed with the President aspect of this story, here's the President's motivation, I'm pretty sure:

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/healthcare/june_2009/41_favor_public_sector_health_care_option_41_disag ree - broken link)
So what? The President is not supposed to "support" his own plan? He is not supposed to be an advocate for his own plan because?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
So what? The President is not supposed to "support" his own plan? He is not supposed to be an advocate for his own plan because?
Noooooo, that's why he wants his own show (with no opposing viewpoint that ABC seems willing to accommodate). If he was up 60/40 on this issue, he wouldn't be doing a TV show.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 AM

683 posts, read 824,773 times
Anyone who doesn't see a problem with this has to be a kool-aid drinking leftist / statist drone. The same kind of sheeple who will fall for "The Government Solution".

The reason health care is not affordable now is because of government interference. So Barry gets his own TV show with no opposing view points so that he can continue the brain washing and gain absolute control. Because the gov. hasn't got total control and hasn't managed to totally screw up the industry yet....

Old 06-16-2009, 11:30 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
I only hope that everyone that is outraged shows their disgust next November in the midterm elections. Restore the balance of power. Become active..just like the Letterman protesters are. Take a lesson from the Obama zombies and drag everyone you can to the polls. It is our future at stake here. I'm not saying that the Republicans are any better than the Dems but a balance of power must be established in order to stop this madness.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Anyone who doesn't see a problem with this has to be a kool-aid drinking leftist / statist drone. The same kind of sheeple who will fall for "The Government Solution".

The reason health care is not affordable now is because of government interference. So Barry gets his own TV show with no opposing view points so that he can continue the brain washing and gain absolute control. Because the gov. hasn't got total control and hasn't managed to totally screw up the industry yet....
Pure BS.

It's just another failure of the private sector.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
The president's other mistress, MSNBC, must be furious:

DRUDGE REPORT: ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA 2009® (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashaot.htm - broken link)

At least it's not a week long tea party love fest.....

oh, that was on that cable News network........

so it turning it's programming over to a single view point, doesn't count.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:

Rasmussen???

Why not just ask Rush and Newt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies