Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

palin is a modern may west. a clown, but she is a smart clown, he thought her vice presidental beating had taken the fight out of her, letterman made a mistake. letterman messed with the wrong clown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
...and the Queen felt the need to politicize her acceptance by throwing in all women and military folks and what not. If this was just personal as she claimed, why not leave it at, Apology accepted. Joe Scarborough(rightwinger) aptly pointed this out during his show this morning.
I know, what's up with that ... and when will she EVER grasp what the first amendment really means?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what.. you would've preferred she didn't accept the apology so you could shriek about that instead?

also, when criticizing the intelligence of an 'ordeal' - whatever that means in the context you used it, i have no clue - you might want to take the time to spell 'asinine' correctly, or risk appearing asinine yourself.
duly noted.

I would have preferred Sarah Palin to get over herself and go back and be the governor of Alaska, which is what the taxpayers are paying her to do, not take on David Letterman, which is the height of asinine-ity (and I don't care if that's not a word mr. webster).

Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
palin is a modern may west. a clown, but she is a smart clown, he thought her vice presidental beating had taken the fight out of her, letterman made a mistake. letterman messed with the wrong clown.
And like Mae West Sarah never was academically inclined...

Old 06-17-2009, 12:47 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
I'd love to know how CBS radio can now justify firing Don Imus, while the parent company is going to keep Letterman. There is such a blatant double standard in this country when it comes to who you are and what you can say.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I know, what's up with that ... and when will she EVER grasp what the first amendment really means?

So if one tells an n-word joke, or a joke about a nappy-headed *** there should be no consequences as he is protected under the First Amendment? Is that your stance?

Old 06-17-2009, 02:34 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
If you plan on being a president or vice president, getting bent out of shape over a late night talk show host's comments does not really instill me with confidence in your abilities. Hell, Obama laughs off the stuff Fox News says about him.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
duly noted.

I would have preferred Sarah Palin to get over herself and go back and be the governor of Alaska, which is what the taxpayers are paying her to do, not take on David Letterman, which is the height of asinine-ity (and I don't care if that's not a word mr. webster).

Did Obama return any of his salary to IL when he was running for Senate? Did he return any of his congressional salary back to the treasury for the months he was running for President? Clearly the taxpayers were not paying for him to run for office.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
If you plan on being a president or vice president, getting bent out of shape over a late night talk show host's comments does not really instill me with confidence in your abilities. Hell, Obama laughs off the stuff Fox News says about him.

Then again, maybe he doesn't:

Obama Slams FOX for Being 'Devoted to Attacking My Administration' - Jeffery Pijanowski - Open Salon (http://open.salon.com/blog/newscycle/2009/06/16/obama_slams_fox_for_being_devoted_to_attacking_my_ administration - broken link)

Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Did Obama return any of his salary to IL when he was running for Senate? Did he return any of his congressional salary back to the treasury for the months he was running for President? Clearly the taxpayers were not paying for him to run for office.
You aren't getting it. The election is over. The governor of Alaska is campaigning for '12 on our time while Sean Parnell runs the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies