Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:11 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times

Advertisements

Paul Krugman actually referenced Shepherd Smith by name as somebody inside Fox News who refused to go along with the "big hate": the right wing's anti-Obama rhetoric -- almost bloodlust -- that now dominates conservative discourse.

Is Fox News big enough for Shep Smith and Glenn Beck? | Media Matters for America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Paul Krugman actually referenced Shepherd Smith by name as somebody inside Fox News who refused to go along with the "big hate": the right wing's anti-Obama rhetoric -- almost bloodlust -- that now dominates conservative discourse.

Is Fox News big enough for Shep Smith and Glenn Beck? | Media Matters for America
I think it's a ploy to suck away MSNBC viewers, at least for whateve rhis time slot is. Good for Ailes. I have all respect for that man, like I would for the Devil.

They'll have little mock battles and so on... nobody said they were stupid at Faux. Their viewers are, and that's what they count on, but they're not.

OTOH - maybe their lawyers said they had to come across as a little more "fair and balanced."

Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:

You have an unhealthy obsession with neocons. I would say The neocons are no longer in charge but the differences between the Obama and Bush administrations are so minescule I can see why youre obsessed.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:18 PM

yes, all those Bush neocons were community organizers in their repudiated past lives.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think it's a ploy to suck away MSNBC viewers, at least for whateve rhis time slot is. Good for Ailes. I have all respect for that man, like I would for the Devil.

They'll have little mock battles and so on... nobody said they were stupid at Faux. Their viewers are, and that's what they count on, but they're not.

OTOH - maybe their lawyers said they had to come across as a little more "fair and balanced."

Fair and balanced? Now that's a stretch... Kind of does make you wonder what FAUX has up it's sleeve... Maybe playing a good guy bad guy thing going on? With Smith being the Good Guy and the rest of the nuts on that show making up the hateful/fear mongering bunch that they are...

Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You have an unhealthy obsession with neocons. I would say The neocons are no longer in charge but the differences between the Obama and Bush administrations are so minescule I can see why youre obsessed.
wow, is that the reactionary line now? I know they're trying to convince you that Bush and Obama are actually the same, come to find out after all this time, while they struggle behind the curtain to come up with some acceptable voice of their own... but are they really saying Obama's Admin are neocons?

Well, but you're a good sheepie anyway for trotting along with it >pat<

Old 06-16-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Fair and balanced? Now that's a stretch... Kind of does make you wonder what FAUX has up it's sleeve... Maybe playing a good guy bad guy thing going on? With Smith being the Good Guy and the rest of the nuts on that show making up the hateful/fear mongering bunch that they are...
It's got to be. None of this is by accident. It's television entertainment.

Oasis-ish as he may appear S Smith is still a Faux employee.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's got to be. None of this is by accident. It's television entertainment.

Oasis-ish as he may appear S Smith is still a Faux employee.
Yes Anne, I think you are spot on.... Good to read your post!

Old 06-16-2009, 01:33 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
As long as Faux (fox) news is a one trick pony (one channel) I can
take me ease by turning it off.

I also know all the nut jobs follow their swill.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
I still want to know why the spin? Why do lefties always cry "hate" or "hatred" when the opinions don't match theirs? Is there no reason or logic left in your thinking abilities? I don't hate anyone, but I have often been called a hater because I see things a little brighter when looking right rather than left. I used to burn red hot for liberal causes, but I have seen that I was wrong, wrong, dead wrong. So, because I decided to think for myself rather than letting the likes of George McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale, and even Mr. Liberal HHH tell me what to think, I am now a hater. You are wrong if you think that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies