Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times

Advertisements

While we are at it, lets tax skinny vegetarians more.

Will Vegetarian Humans One Day 'Emit' More Carbon Dioxide & Methane Than Cows? : TreeHugger

They are going to stink up the world, which I find personally annoying, and the extra gas is going to blanket and choke up our cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 12:55 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
Why not every product that has caffine, and soy and I'm sure someone believe that "fake" sugar is healthy because its in diet foods.
Health can be defined in alot of ways and who and or WHAT is considered FAT.
5 lbs, 10 lbs 2lbs. overweight. Or just tax food because you think that will "solve the problem" of fat people and or people who make a choice to eat something that tastes good.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
I think all fat people and alcoholics, drug addicts should pay a premium for their health insurance. I like the discounted plan proposal for those of us who can have a yam for dinner and be happy.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 PM

457 posts, read 756,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Wouldnt this help our economy? Less health care, less weight would equal less energy usage. Just seems to make sense to me? Any ideas?

This is too easy to make fun of so I'll give an honest reply;
No, taxing fat people is not a good idea nor will taxing them help the economy.
Again just like any other bill brought to congress it would only allow our government to say who is and who isn’t fat. Therefore a 30-year-old man at 6” tall and 185 lbs would be considered fat thus allowing more taxes into the government system; which I’m sure would find a way to use this money to bail out failing fitness centers (with political ties) across the land.
Although my post holds a certain amount of sarcasm it also holds a certain amount of truth.

A large portion of obese people are this way do to poor parenting while some have real medical problems. I’ll take the conservative way out again and say if you’re a fat-ass do to feeding your face without regard to health then your undesirable body is your punishment. If this post bothers you then go get a “Happy Meal”.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Why not every product that has caffine, and soy and I'm sure someone believe that "fake" sugar is healthy because its in diet foods.
Health can be defined in alot of ways and who and or WHAT is considered FAT.
5 lbs, 10 lbs 2lbs. overweight. Or just tax food because you think that will "solve the problem" of fat people and or people who make a choice to eat something that tastes good.
Thank you for bringing up the fake sugar subject.
High Fructose Corn Syrup the wonder ingredient. The more you ingest the more you want. I encourage everyone to read the effects of HFCS on leptin.

We help the sugar industry by keeping foreign imports of sugar high through tariffs. Companies use HFCS instead of sugar to keep the price down. This is a contributing factor to the over 30 percent obesity rate we have in the U S.

Over 30 percent lmao. Personal responsibility goes a long way.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:58 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,491 times
Don't tax them...just give thin people BIG tax breaks and discounts.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,293 times
Fat people should have to pay a bigger tax, but increasing taxes would drive those teabaggers crazy, as most of them are very obese.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Fat people should have to pay a bigger tax, but increasing taxes would drive those teabaggers crazy, as most of them are very obese.
Ok I was with you for the first nine words.
Now please post a link that proves most teabaggers are obese.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:10 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,061,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I don't have any other word to describe this post other than "Moronic"
I would like to see a bit of proof of that to and we won't see any because the poster can not come up with any proof to back up that absurd statement.
Hey I found another word to describe that post.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:38 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,293 times
Well the vast majority of video and images of teabaggers show some very fat people. I also saw some teabaggers teabagging in Austin and DC and I would say at least 75% were obese/fat.

Here is some proof:

http://www.preemptivekarma.com/archives/TeaBaggers%20067.jpg (broken link)

http://www.portlandmercury.com/image...070306-124.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies